Words of the Unspoken

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xnao, Dec 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xnao Augur

Waaaaah I already mastered the alaran language when it was current. Why do I need to do this task?
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

You don't, it's for those that haven't mastered it. Why did they make it required? To make sure you had 100.
  3. Xnao Augur

Hogwash. They could have made the alaran language master achievement a requirement to progress if this was the case.

With all the HARD WORK I put in during VoA I should get something. As of now all that work is invalidated and I must run around like a courier boy to do something I did four months ago.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You got a reward for doing the work to get the language skill at the time and you also got a reward for doing a task that is little more work the collecting some items and doing a combine.
  5. Sarayu Journeyman

Like Waring said, you got the reward during VoA, and now you're getting 24% for partisan. No idea why you're crying.
    Vouivre likes this.
  6. Xnao Augur

What reward during VoA?
  7. Sarayu Journeyman

Your reward in VoA was 91 language needed to comprehend emotes in Sepulcher, or to build T4 armor from scratch. Or to request Sepulcher raids and missions. You got the reward that was designed for having language when language was necessary. Now VoA is the old expansion, so SOE trivialized trivial content. You shouldn't get a double reward for completing expansion, just like I shouldn't get an awesome reward for beating Sepulcher 5 when others haven't. I've already been rewarded, and so have you.
  8. Xnao Augur

I NEED a reward for 100 language. That is more than was required. Reward for 90, but not 100 lil buddy,
    Voodoman likes this.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The rewards for doing the quests/missions that gave the language skill? Being able to understand the npc and emotes? being able to buy aa's/spells's and make the armor? If you think there was no reward for doing it during VoA then whats the problem with the quest now?
  10. Xnao Augur

I should not have to do it now. Make the requirement for partisan alaran language master.
  11. doktartp Augur

You just have to hit combine less. there is more to the quest then tradeskilling.
    Vouivre likes this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You shouldn't have to do a quest because it provides a benefit to people who do not have 100+ in the language?
  13. Hatsee Augur

It's one quest, no big deal.

Should have taken you 20 minutes.
    Vouivre and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  14. Xnao Augur

It is the principle fella. Lore wise I am a master of alaran.
  15. Hatsee Augur

Now we all are.
    Vouivre, Elenwyyi and BlankStare_001 like this.
  16. Moklianne Augur

Doesn't each new expansion make the previous one almost entirely obsolete? I see nothing different here.
    BlankStare_001 and Mintalie like this.
  17. Xnao Augur

Open your eyes man!

They never give away an achievement for a previous expansion.

This would be like giving everyone the emblem of brell during HoT.

Or a sanctum key in VoA.

Or auto flagging while the zones are only a year old.
  18. Xirtket Augur

I Should get something else for all the hard work I put in during Planed of Power.....
    Vouivre and BlankStare_001 like this.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We have to translate a script....regardless of what your alaran is you still have to translate that script. So what if your master of alaran it still needs translating, you can do it quicker than those who are not.

Don't see a problem with this and my Alaran has been 105 for over 6 months. VoA is old content get over it. It was said in VoA beta that the language requirement would go away at the end of VoA, this way is better.
    Vouivre likes this.
  20. Xnao Augur

You guys are just saying this because you are casuals who already did the quest.

Whoopee you get to make your armor now.

I already made my armor and deserve something more.
  21. huadmer Lorekeeper

Looking back at an expansion and seeing all the work vanish is life. The hard work once cherished is but dust in the wind. On that note. You casuals who are wearing those uber augs for just killing named mobs. I did my work and completed my BiC aug long ago. Now where's my award for the long road traveled, that is now surpassed, by easy group named dropped augs. That's right they are in my memory. Cheers!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.