[Wizard] Venril Sathir for Epic 1.0

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Saphfyre, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Saphfyre Elder

Will anyone share some information with me about Venril Sathir? Rumor is he is a 3 days spawn, is that true? I have been logging out just outside his spawn point and randomly check up on him. I have seen Venril Sathir's Remains several times but only caught VS once (unfortunately no Gnarled Staff).

I currently have the Blue Crystal Staff from Phinny and the Staff of Gabstik from the quest line involving a broken golem in Plane of Fear. Anyone on Vox server know if anyone has one for ?
  2. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

VS is probably heavily camped. I believe his spawn cycle is like 3 days +/- 12 or something. Best to get him on server reset. VSR will spawn like 4-24 hrs VS has been killed and will stay up til either killed by players or by VS. I got lucky back in the day the staff dropped on 1st kill. The only thing I had to was phinny's staff as it was camped 24/7. Just keep checking from time to time and eventually you will get him.

Andarriel

ps Whats sad I went to phinny for oldtime's sake and have 2 wizs staffs now anyone need a let me know im ON FV. For some reason 1.0 drops seem to be no trade least the ones I got.
  3. Dre. Altoholic

I wonder if they're ever going to address the issue of single players being able to keep these long-spawn mobs unavailable to the rest of the server for weeks or months on end.
  4. Mithrandyr Augur

They did. That's the + 0-12 hours random factor of the spawns.
  5. Dre. Altoholic

In practice, it's extremely difficult for folks to find these mobs up, particularly if they tend to be lower playtime.
  6. Saphfyre Elder

Update: I keep my wizard camped just outside of Venril Sathir's room. I logged in at random times all weekend. Found Venril Sathir up! Killed him and looted the Gnarled Staff. As I was over his dead body, another high level was rounding the corner (presumably this was the person who was keeping track of his spawn timer). Finally got my Epic 1.0, Staff of the Four.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Grats on the epic piece!

Andarriel