Wizard: Spell Lists and Favorite Activated AA

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Ferrata, May 31, 2013.

1. Ferrata New Member

Since I found the enchanter thread so helpful, here is a version for wizards. Lets look at it from the perspective of level 100 and those who are lower level can tune it towards their available spells. For me, wizard has been the first class where I seem to have trouble filling twelve slots with useful spells. What are people using the most often? What is your dps rotation? Which activated skills do you find yourself using most often?
  2. silku Augur

On my alt box, I keep up
    1. Claw
    2. Hoarfrost Cascade
    3. Gosik's Fire
    4. Concussive Salvo
    5. Ethereal Fire
    6. Ethereal Salvo
    7. Ethereal Ice
    8. Harvest
    9. Twincast
    10. Shield of Dauntless
    11. Rune
    12. Evac (for when AA is down)

I use Claw, Hoarforst, and Gosik's (with force AA in between) for normal DPS. On named I hit silent casting, twincast, and then chain the ethereals. Casting Twincast when the AA dies.
  3. Explicit Augur

Claw of the Flamewing, Force of Flame, Ethereal Weave, Force of Will, Ethereal Fire, Flashsear tends to be the setup I use for normal DPS on my box pending Gift of Mana procs (in which I'd use Ice Eth if no eths were up). Obviously you remove Eth Weave from the rotation while it is on cooldown. -- You won't be disappointed in the least w/ this rotation.

Pending group makeup (no druid, enchanter), I'll throw in Hoarfrost Vortex on mobs that have quite a bit of HP for the fancy boost to fire spells.

As long as you have those 5 main spells up (along with harvest, tc, and rune) it doesn't really matter what goes in the other slots.

For big burns there is a hotkey that goes as follows:

Line1: /alt act 759
    Line2: /alt act 452
    Line3: /alt act 1351
    Line4: /alt act 515
    Line5: /alt act 774

What this does is fire off Empowered Focus of Arcanum, Prolonged Destruction, Second Spire, ITC and Fury of Kerafyrm, make sure to manually click Silent Casting before the burn key.

After ITC wears off, can fire off spell TC and continue with your regular DPS rotation making sure to get as many Claws as you can before it fades.