Wizard RoF robe focus broken?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Apricots, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Apricots Lorekeeper

2. Reht The Dude abides...

whoops, misread. Haven't seen that problem
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

You need to give a lot more information than that.

• What arms are you wearing?
    • What buffs did you have on?
    • What debuffs did the mob have on?
    • How much spell damage is on your gear?
    • Do you have the type 3 aug?
    • What rank of Destructive Fury do you have?
  4. Vlerg Augur

Are you suggesting that our robe focus effect do not stack with some popular buff, or worse,AA like destructive fury?
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

No, I'm asking what effects they had on so I can run estimates of it. There is a good chance that they simply had a bad run on the RNG.
  6. silku Augur

You'd think with 250 crits and looking at max.. that you couldn't possibly get that bad an RNG.. I mean you might.. but you better play the lottery if you did.. cause those odds would be astronomical.
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

250 is not nearly as big a sample size as you think, and the RNG in EQ is very "streaky." What I mean by that is I have often noticed that I will go long periods without getting the random effect, (Skill up, Proc, Critical hit, etc.) and then I will get multiples in quick succession.

It doesn't make much sense either way. Damage should be higher with a focus effect, not less. If there is a conflict with another focus effect, the higher focus effect should take priority. There should -never- be an instance where wearing a focus effect makes you do -less- damage than not wearing one at all. (Negative focus effects notwithstanding).

The RNG being sucky is the most likely explanation I can think of.
    silku likes this.
  8. Longears Journeyman

If he is talking about 250 crits, not 250 nukes then I disagree w/ you. 250 crits is a large enough sample size to get several near theoretical max bombs.
  9. Reht The Dude abides...

he said nukes, not crits - but was comparing the max crit.
  10. Longears Journeyman

Absolutely the rng