Wizard havoc nerf!!???

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fortunbas, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Fortunbas Lorekeeper

I am disgusted at the latest wizard nerf.

Why nerf the best range of spells we ever got in the game?
    Too many wizards gaining too much mana? I doubt it pfft
    Not enough wizards using it so nerf it to make space for new spells in rof?
    just pathetic tbh

Im totally disgusted. This will be the the expansion to prove it requires a handout of hard earned cash indeed.
  2. Starrfiire7th New Member

Yea... I'm not sure what purpose this nerf served. Were Wizards really that out of control dps wise? Were other classes complaining so much that you had to find something to take away from us? Wizards are already hard to come by... please chase more away
  3. Lubianx Augur

Have a read of the test patch notes for 10/9/12. I believe Aristo gave a reason for it
  4. Kathylynn_Unity Augur

This was not an unexpected change to me and as such I would not call it a nerf. The fix was logical.

What it does do is dramatically cut into a wizard's already diminished power. The impact of this change is dramatic. Fancy math tells me that it reduces my ability to proc harvest by over 12% every minute. Fancier still and I can tell you it costs me close to 300 mana per tick long term. In addition it can cost me significant dps and more aggro.

Does no one do the math on how these changes impact the game? Shall I calculate the impact on my sustained dps?

Something really should have been done to offset the impact. Making wizards more cynical just doesn't cut it, I was already plenty cynical to start!
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I would suggest you do as Lubianx said and go to the Developer's Roundtable and read what Aristo said regarding the change.
  6. iniari-TR Augur

The wizard change is definitely related to a big change in those spell types with RoF, where I'm trying to make an explicit difference between sustainable DPS and burst DPS, but frankly if I'd ever noticed they weren't already sharing a timer I would have put them on it earlier.

first , after all of the previous beta and a year its just "noticed" that the havoc spells are on different timers and its REQUIRED that they be changed ? how was this not seen a long time ago and just not felt to be not working as intented ? o_O

second , if this change is for changes in these spells for RoF to make a greater distinction between burst and sustained - ( which i dont see how this can easily be done without severely changing / nerfing other spells) , why this could not have been done with the release of RoF instead of rushed now as if it was an overpowering exploit ?

as stated while it wasnt much as far as adding dps the havoc spells were among the best improvement to wizards in a long time, and was a big help in extending our mana for those long sustained events.
  7. Ronak Augur

It's a very puzzling change, along with some others the last couple months. One of the classes needing the most help gets an enormous tune downwards of their sustained with only a nebulous promise of future help. With no ETA.

Nothing nice can be said about this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Not holding my breath, I don't think we will see any improvement to any casters DPS until the spell cooldown timer is reduced. 1.5 seconds these days is just to long to now be putting out any DPS.
  9. Fortunbas Lorekeeper

Well whomever is speaking up for the wizards on the dev team - please dont do us any more favours!

Im sorry to be so forward but the damage to wizards (lack of initiative) over the last two years has been catastrophic - only a wizard who has played the game for ten years plus would understand this comment. Wizards need a dev on the team who understand the class and its dynamics including the sekret nuances of the class, someone who can use logic, common sense and has a little bit of an attitude because we are obviously losing all the arguments at the table.

For those wizards that didnt get the use of these spells, Ill just say they introduced a welcome random benefit to each cast. Sometimes a deagro dot like our 30 min arcane whisper, sometimes a full twincast proc, sometimes one of the three "extra" nuke dmg to fire cold magic (although never saw a dramtic increase probably stacking issues) and sometimes a refresh of patient harvest which was very welcome. The nerf has reduced a 1 in 30 to a 1 in 90 and most probably because the fourth line (ROF) timer would also have been separate.

I dont buy the &*(&(% about not noticing the timers all being separate. Nice try though, because if that is true then refer to the above message again - we need a new dev to fight for our cause!

It would have been better to put the fourth line on the same timer thereby limiting the use of a fourth spell gem!

Still upset but calming down after this rant and seeing that other wizards agree!

13th vet Sorcerer Fortunbas Soulsender
    Antonius Bayle

PS and whilst im here let me not forget to whine about the necros 10000k dmg 167sec on a dps single target mob where the wizard does 7000k in 182secs. 3 million more....There was a time where wizards were the fast dmg class (3mins should be a benchmark) where mana actually meant something ie there to limit the dps output approaching time! Where did this dynamic go!!??
  10. Fortunbas Lorekeeper

Update 24th October 2012
    Ok so its looks like the pct chance for twincast and relief procs have been increased, definitely for the lvl 94 version and hopefully for the others. This should of been explained in the "nerf" post and it would of saved a lot of unnecessary drama!

....and finally.....Thank Mith Marr for our hats! Only took 13 years to get em ;)
    Vouivre likes this.