Wishing for a TLE that would fix 20 year old issues.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by nostalgicfool, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Xeris Augur

honestly, this is a top tier post and this is why I visit these forums. A+ entertainment value
    DeseanJackson likes this.
  2. DeseanJackson Augur

Pretty much.

You seem to know little about EQ and are unwilling to try or learn.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The devs do actually deal with issues, though it may take them a lot longer than they would like they do get around to most things eventually.

I mean it's been fifteen freaking years, did you really think nothing happened after you quit?

The important caveat is that a huge amount of changes went in to rectify problems in a different era than the problem first surfaced.
  4. Iyacc Augur

He lost me at the 90 to 95% of the population left after Wow/EQ2. I played for years after that, never had an issue with our server pop or ability to keep a guild full of people andhappy playing EQ.

83% of all statistics on the internet are just made up BS
  5. EqHataPlaya New Member

Uhh ... spell check?
  6. nostalgicfool Augur

There is no discussion about the massive drop in Eq1 population, 95% is likely to be an exageration but 85-90 is quite certain. Back in the days there way many way to estimate the player base, and since Eq1 was once popular we even got quite serious studies issued. Of course Verra/SOE never released any number.

The team inability or (denial) to correct major issues in Eq1 classic-> Pop is probably one of more fascinating disaster of the gaming industry.
  7. nostalgicfool Augur

Well let us see for Classic-Pop it is about nostalgia, i m very certain that whatever came after is certainy very bad, mercenaries (what a joke), zero immersion, 200 000 aas to get and so on. Post 2004 Eq1 got very limited resources so we cannot expect anything worth a penny.

Of course i quited 17 years ago and I did very well.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Once again your prove you do not know what you are talking about, the most AA intensive class only has just over 47K AA when maxed.

Mercenaries were and still are a god send due to every group needing a healer and a tank and are part of the reason EQ is still here today. Without them many more would have quit as they wouldn't have been able to form groups.

EQ still has immersion, though I find it less so since they introduced the click text to go through NPC chat, much prefer needing to find the key words myself, so I actually read the text!
  9. Raytheon Augur

Why are you guys continuing to humor this troll when he has repeated the same thing multiple times: "I don't know anything about this game, but it is almost certainly very bad".
  10. Xeris Augur

Let's get that Necro for revamp going!!