No Fix Planned WinEQ 2.0

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Free2Play1999, Feb 15, 2022.

1. Free2Play1999 Lorekeeper

After the update to 64 bit my logins for WinEQ 2.0 (free version) no longer works. I know this is old software that hasn't had a decent update since 2012, but it was the easiest way for me to tab through the characters of my team. I was wondering if anyone else uses it or if they know of a work around or a fix. Thanks.
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

I have no problems tabbing between characters, browser windows, discord, or anything else with EverQuest in windowed mode. I'm actually surprised anyone still uses WinEQ.
  3. Spacemonkey555 Augur

It's only a problem in my experience for brief periods when logging in/out or swapping characters on an account, EQ tends to lock the ability to alt tab away at that point until the loading is done.
    Free2Play1999 likes this.
  4. Duder Augur

Unfortunately this is not an Everquest bug. I am experiencing the same issues as you but it is a WinEQ support issue. As of now, Lavishsoft has not released an update to support the 64-bit client for WinEQ2. Their other products support 64-bit though. (Yes, they cost money) =(
    Skuz and Free2Play1999 like this.
  5. Free2Play1999 Lorekeeper

Thank you all for the advice. I appreciate it. I was just so used to using WinEq for all of these years. It was such an easy way for me to switch between my instances of EQ. Hopefully I'll find another program that lets me click one key on the keyboard and instantly switch to that character. Alt+Tab is a little tedious when cycling through 6 characters.