Wine xp quest

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by v_elderblaze, Dec 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. v_elderblaze New Member

You know what you did. Bring him back. You guys aint right, i just loaded up 100k wines before you de-spawned him.
    fransisco likes this.
  2. dentalplan lisa needs braces

Just leave him in as a plat sink.
  3. v_elderblaze New Member

i know right, i already spent 65k on him
  4. MYCO9 New Member

I sat there and watched a guy dire charm the npc while his ikky ran his little scripts on the bartender and back in seconds. It was all pretty obvious as to why they removed it. No telling how many alts he made before they stopped it. Problem isn't really the quest, it's existence or use to quickly get a few levels. The problem is scumbags running scripts because they are so lazy they won't even click for free xp. I say screw it, leave him out.
  5. MYCO9 New Member

Cap his returns to level 11.
    Kaenneth and fransisco like this.
  6. shamuuuuuu New Member

why have you removed something that was helping the server, players are spending money that should not be on the server in the first place. allowing players to spend money on the red wine from the barmaid and get xp in a 200% xp bonus event is a win win
  7. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Yuck, red wine quest made some alt leveling tolerable cause skipping 1-15 on some classes lets them actually have their core abilities.
  8. Iyacc Augur

this is why we can't have nice things. This made starting a new toon marginally less painful, lol.
  9. Numiko Augur

weird timing on this as we just went through a 2 week period of even greater exp bonus in which it was not a problem. The quest has been around since 1999 and has been nurfed at least twice before that I can recall.
  10. Numiko Augur

I guess the problem is in the old days Red Wine would only stack to 20, then a few years ago they changed all TS items so they could stack up to 1000 and suddenly you could hand in 4000 at a time.

80 vs 4000... Quite a difference.
    fransisco likes this.
  11. David_Mcgoat New Member

soo.... I do not think you people understand they removed Lokar To`Biath... They are part of the pally epic......... yup thanks devs... was doing the paladin epic can not do it now due to them removing the person for the PALLY EPIC!
    Brontus likes this.
  12. Deathcomestoall Lorekeeper

ummmm one of the red wine NPCs are part of the paladin epic... so no more paladin epics Lokar To`Biath is part of the epic....... and he was removed.. Really feels like people do not play the game before doing stuff that will effect parts of the game..
    Tyranthraxus likes this.
  13. shamuuuuuu New Member

you should just put it back in game... its been around since 1999 , and gives people a chance to level up alts much quicker. witch is the point of the tlp server. given the more extea 10,20,30,40 ext % for each max level char
  14. Astley Augur

He is not necessary for Paladin Epic.

There may be some connected lore there, but he doesn't break the Paladin Epic by being gone.
  15. Astley Augur

But that said... The red wine quest NPCs are the only viable platinum sink to help correct issues from the tradeskill dupe currently. Other avenues won't likely remove as much permanently and encourage players to participate.

They should be returned as they were, and GMs should just go to enforce the terms of service by checking for AFK botters/scripters that are causing the problems.
  16. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Lokar To`Biath and Lady Shae (the red wine NPCs) were removed due to an exploit and will make their return with the next scheduled update. We are still reviewing the logs to take actions against the most severe offenders of the exploit.
    Rijacki likes this.
  17. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Is this another case of daybreak deciding that something that has not been an "exploit" for over an entire decade is now an exploit and you're going to punish your own players for it?
    Slaps, Ozon, Bobbybick and 6 others like this.
  18. FranktheBank Augur

Who the hell cares if people were botting the red wine. You think t hose people are magically going to be like, "oh well, i guess i will give up all botting now"

They are just going to bot harder lol
  19. shamuuuuuu New Member

will be back with the next patch. so Tuesday,? when the 200% xp also leaves the server lol .. so will take 6hrs from 1-40 and not 3hrs .....
  20. yodo Augur

Next patch is mid January.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.