Windsong raid still bugged?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gochan, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Gochan Journeyman

The bats keep on reactivating over and over, have been told by others its been bugged that way now for a bit. Any fix forthcoming?

Goch
  2. CaRnon Augur

I have not been on raids this week yet so I can not speak for this week. BUT we beat this raid last week and I did not notice any issues with the raid. How long have you been told its been broke for?
  3. Ronak Augur

It's a confirmed bug. It involves the pathing of the bats. If they get caught up while pathing to the boss they will reactivate every single time. Easily repeatable. You can greatly limit how often this happens by positioning of the boss and the bats though.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Had at least 3 bats reactivate last week, so yep it's still bugged. We have had them activate right through to the dreamer phase before now, it did make the muses a bit interesting.
  5. CaRnon Augur

well maby we dont have that issue because we fight from a differnt possition..? I did check and I saw a new guild beat windsong for their first time on the 11th of october.. so it may be bugged if your fighting it from the wrong side.. but its not unbeatable... as that guild beat it for a first time and we beat it every week still without issue.
  6. Ronak Augur

Aye it's far from unbeatable, but still that part is bugged. It just makes the event take longer. We went from having 10+ duplicate bats go live again to it rarely happening now by changing positioning, so that is definitely a key factor.
  7. Tadenea Augur

never seen dup bats, seen event reset more for no reason though
  8. Eaiana Augur

We did Windsong tonight, and had a new bug show up. After the first muse/dreamer wave, The Echo regenned to 100% HP. We had to beat it down to 80% again, no new muses spawned, then we beat it down the rest of the way to the next wave spawn.
  9. Hatsee Augur

A reset from what I have seen is usually the result of not grabbing all of the blind dreamers during that phase, you have a little bit of time to grab them all but if one is left without agro for too long it resets.

Emotes should give this away iirc.
  10. CaRnon Augur

did you leash the mob? that will happen sometims if a caster pulls agro and makes him leash.
  11. Eaiana Augur

Hmm I didn't notice if he was leashed. It was a very messy run in many ways, I spent a large part of it in hover mode. That could have been what happened.
  12. Hatsee Augur

This is what happens with a leash, it's awesome when it happens when he's down in the single digits.
  13. Tadenea Augur

this was during muse phase before dreamer part, dont happen all the time. we just get a new instance
  14. Hatsee Augur

I have never even heard of that one before. Sorry.
  15. Zaph Augur

Ive seen it reset, for no reason whatsoever, I assume its similar to the bug where he eats his muses a few seconds after summoning them (because the muses lose agro too quick)

Also, for the first time EVER, we got no bats reawaken yesterday, positioning was pretty much the same to usual, but we did not use dots on the bats, co-incidence?

Ryken didn't let us down though, he ate his muses quicker than a fatkid in a toffee factory.

Best bug ive ever seen in the past, was having 11 bats up, as 5 didn't despawn when the event reset (ive also seen 7 bats, and 6 bats+2 lost bats at the zone in)
  16. Zaph Augur

Forgot to mention.

YES !
  17. Augok Lorekeeper

Positioning of Ryken was also a bit further out and not as deep in the cubby as it normally is so no walls to path round as well... but only like 2 steps different.
  18. CaRnon Augur

hehe yeah its a bug... but its not a bug that makes the event unbeatable.. and its a bug that is avoidble if you work on your raid and named npc placment... Seems like half the raids in VoA are/were bugged at some point and still were/are beatable with the correct strat and people paying attention.
  19. Mrya New Member

Did you try to kite the Bat's....maybe?
  20. Zaph Augur

Uhh, have you ever tried the event?
  21. Augok Lorekeeper

Yeah, I can agree with that.. Bug is annoying but mostly avoidable.
    Whats annoying is when all bats have been inactive for a good few minutes and THEN decide to reactivate 2 of them while your killing muses... (still not quite sure how that one actually happened.)