Windows 10 launch in July will EQ be compatible?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Eluwenie, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Eluwenie Augur

I was wondering for those who are upgrading to Windows 10 in July or later if EQ and other SoE games will be compatible with that OS? It might be a dumb question but also given the fact that Microsoft has put out some bad OS's and some good ones too, if anything they do with Windows 10 would affect anything from launchpad to in-game play. Thank you for any response.
  2. Rhaage Augur

3. Tyreel Augur

It works flawlessly the only thing is you might have to rerun the installer and make sure it points to your current install. That will put the right dx9.0c run-times on your computer.

I had a minor issue when i installed for some reason the ATI sound device for HDMI was using the the sound drivers for the actual on-board sound card all i had to do was install the sound card and restart then everything worked perfectly. I found the solution to that problem in a ~2 min Google search.
  4. Sinzz Augur

ran it fine on a early release for about 2 months
  5. Eluwenie Augur

Thank you all for your response. Microsoft didn't indicate that it was only free for a year. Are they going to sunset Windows 7? I saw many videos on Windows 8.x before that release and I was not impressed at all. So for all the techs out their who know their stuff, is it worth to upgrade for free for 1 year if there is no mention of Microsoft not supporting Windows 7?
  6. Slasher Augur

Windows 10 is all the best parts of windows 7 and 8.1. No more stupid tablet like desktop. MS just stopped supporting windows xp a few years ago my guess is they will support 7 and 8 for another 5 + years but windows 10 is the last windows they wont make another it will just be upgrades to 10 from now on.

It's free for one reason they want to get everyone on the platform to get more customers buying windows apps and they also said all android and ios apps will work on windows 10 they developed a way to convert them to windows platform all the developers have to do is release them.
  7. Smallpox Augur

• Windows 7 (Yay! a good OS!)
    • Windows 8 (The next big thing that most people hated. This is just Windows 7 with a really crappy bloated front end)
    • Windows 9 (They are flat out skipping 9, nothing to see here, move along)
    • Windows 10 (What Windows 8 should have been from the get go. This is just windows 7 with a lot of bug fixes and speed enhancements. In other words, this is really just Windows 7 SP5)
  8. Eluwenie Augur

Thanks Slasher and Smallpox, much appreciated. I guess a lot of people want the latest and greatest out there, but I also know how expensive a new OS can cost. I think I'll hold off on Windows 10 for a while, not everything that is brand spanking new is always going to work proper either. I do agree with Windows 10 being kind of like a hybrid between 7 and 8. Also they "upgraded" 8 with a start button and called it 8.1 I believe. 9 doesn't enter into it for whatever reason, which is odd. Anyway, I believe the best Microsoft OS's I've ever used was 3.x (when it first started, simple, not a lot of clutter), ME and XP were very good as well as 7 but that's it. Also it's my understanding that Windows 7 is just another revamped Vista, but idk on that.