window selector isn't calibrated right

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Moak, Jan 18, 2024.

1. Moak The Most High

One thing I noticed with the patch yesterday is that the buttons on the window selector at the top of the screen are essentially offset one spot to the right. What I mean by that is if I want to turn the actions window on or off I have to click the inventory button. Every button on the window selector is offset to the right- with the mercenary window you have to click to the right of the window selector to open that up. I can't speak to whether its doing this to everyone but it is happening to me.
    Gedwin and Veltio like this.
  2. Gedwin New Member

I think the issue is actually with the UI scaling on new UI elements. I have my UI scale set to 1.25 and I nothing was lining up correctly with the mouse at all in the inventory window. It was fun trying to switch back to my correct persona by guessing where the mouse was based on what was highlighting in the window and not where my mouse pointer was.

I'm guessing you have your UI scaled as well, and the window selector is one of the few elements (along with inventory window, spell casting bar, and now air supply bar) that use the new UI. If you have your UI scaled then your mouse will not line up at all correctly with these elements.

I'm sure you guys realize your player base for this game is on the older side, so being able to scale these elements to help our deteriorating vision is important. Please fix. Thanks!
  3. ScreentimeInfinity Lorekeeper

Making a change on the UI scale made my Window Selector bar get a crazy offset. When I would hit my mercenary button it would open help tips. Thank Rallos I only changed it a tiny bit. Upon changing it back to 1.0 everything was AOK. Also after using the UI scaling my main hand sword disappear from my hand only to return after zoning. Camping out did not fix it.