Fixed Internally Window mode on login

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Whitehawk, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Whitehawk Lorekeeper

Category: Other [Can Repro]
    Date/Time: Sat Aug 06 11:21:27 2022

Character: Level 117 Warrior (Main)
    Zone: The Greater Faydark

Description: In the last 2 or 3 weeks when I log in to server select screen, I'm in window mode not full screen, I have not made any changes to my setting in game to make it do this. It does this on all characters on my 2 accounts.
    Only thing I can think of is when I have to end task and next time I log in it's window mode but I just hit alt-enter and it fixes it.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes, they changed it. Last patch. All players now log in with windowed mode.

I will not say anything about reading patch notes, asking in chat or using the search bar on these forums or even google to have seen this info. ;)
    Wdor, Knifen and Strumph like this.
  3. Necreta New Member

I've reported the bug related to this as it constantly messes up the UI when you have set it up full screen and ALT-ENTER at the character select assumes ENTER and loads the character in windowed mode. They need to have WINDOWEDMODE=FALSE working again in the eqclient.ini file. I'm not sure why they think everyone should use windowed mode by default since coming back from a crash or first logging in you have to then spend time fixing your UI every time it bugs.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This isn't a change based on people using windowed of full screen mode but a fix that was done to allow people to launch the game after when full screen mode is causing it to crash. They are unlikely to undo this change until that issue gets fixed.