Will there ever be anything done about AFK camping?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Fizzer, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Fizzer Journeyman

Will there ever be anything done about AFK camping? specially named Camps with high demand items like Golden Efreeti Boots, Black Alloy Medallion and so on....

The response I am always given is.. "If you see someone you believe is violating our Terms of Service please report them at help.daybreakgames.com. "That does not WORK. LOL

Just go see Clan Runnyeye in Progression servers
  2. Andronicus Elder

If they are AFK then just take the camp.

You have my permission.
    svann and Elricvonclief like this.
  3. Aghinem Augur

If they are AFK camping, they may be running scripts to auto-engage any mob within their proximity.
  4. Nuttmeg Augur

/tell Offender please share this "camp" I understand Daybreak does not recognize camps per se; however, I watched you kill the last spawn and I intend to take first aggro on the next. Please do not KS me.

Wait. ..
    Engage first. (Important!)
    Report. If your mob is KSed, report that the owner seems to be afk botting and that, in fact, his automated script is attacking mobs you already have aggro on.

Report this several times with screen shots and or video then escalate to a supervisor.
  5. code-zero Augur

There's no such thing as Kill Stealing, DPS rules
  6. dyre New Member

you're kidding right? ... no wonder your name is code - ZERO (like your brains)
  7. Elricvonclief Augur

Spoken like a man with true experience.
  8. code-zero Augur

9. Aghinem Augur

I'm not certain what you are inferring.
  10. Endless Augur

I agree there is no "camp", but first to engage has "rights" to the mob, not whomever has more DPS.
  11. Smog Cloud New Member

What gets me is that they have the below policy for EQ2 and not EQ. If they can do it on a newer version of the game they can do it on the older version.

"Is it OK to gain exp while AFK? No.
    By taking advantage of (or exploiting) a game mechanic to advance a character with no input by the player, you are gaining an unfair advantage over others and are in violation of SOE policies. Gaining experience while you are not at the keyboard is not intended gameplay and can result in disciplinary action taken upon your account. Disciplinary action for unattended game play can include, but is not limited to; account warning, account suspension, and permanent account cancellation (ban). If you are playing a pet class or have a mercenary and need to go AFK for an extended period of time (i.e. longer then a few moments), please make sure you are in a safe area away from where agro mobs wander or spawn."
  12. Yara_AB Augur

Hmmm - maybe not: http://help.daybreakgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16211/

There will be no first in force or engage rules arbitrated or enforced by a Game Master or Guide on any server.

13. Pluralis Majestatis Journeyman

Send them a tell. A lot of AFKers seem to log on tells to avoid GMs.

I will often send a tell to an obvious botter only to have them log out immediately. Sometimes, I get a reply back a half and hour later from the character denying any wrong doing. :rolleyes:
  14. Fallfyres Augur

---------------
    *Salute Endless...sadly you and I may remember that as being the right on thing to do. According to the rules on these TLP servers though, it is no longer.

DPS, as the asshats who do this with no regard to any kind of typical/normal player respect to you, call it "DPS is king."
  15. Diptera Augur

I've no idea what the current situation is supposed to be, but at one point I remember SOE abandoned "first to engage" in favour of "first in force", when it was realised that certain contended targets were being kited by a single toon in order to claim the mob, whilst the rest of the groups/raid were being assembled - in some cases the kiting could go on for an hour or more.
  16. BrigetteCT New Member

"Will there ever be anything done about AFK camping? specially named Camps with high demand items like Golden Efreeti Boots, Black Alloy Medallion and so on...."

The best 'answer' is to disable the loot options available today. We couldn't auto-loot in classic! But I'm guessing Daybreak cannot disable the auto-loot or they would have done it already