Will the Temple of Veeshan expedition be too big? (Phinny)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by bodes, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Queena_Brokenhearts Augur

Did you read the edited section? Or anything beyond the first paragraph at all? The concept was everyone raid as much as you can in your instances, and then share the Open World Content (Specifically looking at NToV) to get to at least experience the content you can't complete. With 19 guilds and Open World instance you're not going to gear up 19 guilds in 84 days. But they can share the opportunity to do so!

There was also nothing in your original post, or mine, about the issue being with farming Kael/SS quest armor. Instances as they are implemented are not really a designed fix for that, nor are they intended to be. Neither do I think DBG needs to Create a solution. However if they did, I would say the best option, would be to add a feature that any instance with a Raid target does not allow the ability to /pickzone into the main instance. That must be done by zoning out and then re-entering the zone. Not only does that prevent the leapfrog of raids/targets that is the only viable explanation of this feature, but it does so across ALL raid zones/targets.

---------Edited----------
    Perhaps this would be a good inspiration for the classic NToV Rotation for the Open World version of ToV on Phinigel. Each spawn of NToV is assigned to a Guild, once the Guild kills Aaryonar they have until the end of the following day to complete everything in NToV they want. Or setup any new style of rotation that you'd like!
  2. TowerDefense Augur

Yes, because rotations go so well...
  3. bodes Augur

I understand what you think the concept of this server is and why you're projecting those desires onto the original post, but the reality of Phinigel Autropos is far different. The largest guild on the server has no need or desire to support any rotation with a dozen guilds 1/3rd as big as it. I don't blame them because it would be an unnecessary headache.

No rotation and no pickzones means expeditions are the only reliable access to any ToV wing for most players. I believe that expedition is too large to complete in a single journey and this post is to invite mature discussion about that topic, not immature jabs at my reading comprehension.
  4. yerm Augur

Q_B, to echo others and try to give you some clarity:

Rotations are by nature designed to allow access to content to those currently denied it by competition, usually in an effort to avoid less desirable conflicts over it. A server with instanced access is going to be LESS likely to see a rotation for said mobs because everyone in said rotation is not barred from the content. If a rotation would be unlikely to work or last without instances, it is even less likely to see life with instances available.

If the top guild on Phinny is able to kill Vulak in the instanced version, there will be ZERO desire to allow other guilds to open world (and likely zerg) the content that is seen as valid and doable inside the instance. Guilds unable to down Vulak in under 6 hours are going to be told to gear up and work on raiding efficiency and not wasting so much time (by me), to enjoy the challenge and keep gearing up and improving (by Grizvok), to stop sucking and learn2play (by GrugSA), etc etc. Even if AOS can't clear vulak and doze and lendi all in 6 hours, as long as any desired target can be killed, every target is not a necessity, and the zone is "doable" in this any but not every state.

If, however, nobody can seem to clear vulak in the time allotted, not even us, well, then open world vulak is the only source of ancient spells and the best loot... and you will probably see a mess of dps racing and shenanigans that puts VP keys to shame trying to get it.

In both cases I don't see any light of day for a rotation. If it's not possible for anyone to kill Vulak in the instance, the call will be for the instance to allow the killing of Vulak, not the other way around. This server uses instances to cure the ills of open world, and I see no possibility of using the open world to cure the ills of a potentially bad instance. That's backwards and implausible.
  5. bodes Augur

It's cringeworthy to suggest that guilds 1/3rd the size of AOS would "zerg" anything, but anyway...

8 guilds have killed Gorenaire within 3 weeks of Kunark unlocking. With raid level averages likely in the mid 50s for most of those kills. NToV and Vulak are not substantially harder than that was (ignoring POTM), so I really don't think any of those stronger guilds will have issues killing Vulak. Broken Wave was one of those guilds and has already done NToV on the test server.

My concern is that these guilds will have to race straight to him and sacrifice the rest of the expedition to do so. Afterwards when they want West or East wing content they'll go to open world and find 300 people in the single pickzone.
  6. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

I'm not sure where you're getting your numbers but unless you're talking about the very small guilds that raid secondary targets with 15-20 people, there is no guild fielding 1/3 the size of AoS. On our "zerg" raids we have about 60-65 people. It's been a while since i've seen our main raid be full.