Will the new TLPs include a "green" style server?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Montag, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Well, if you are going to invent your own terminology it helps to explain it so that everyone who doesn't have access to the inside of your brain can be let in on that secret, FYI the number of mind-readers on the forum is zero.

And like I said, most of us term a sever that starts in classic then dumps to Agnarr as a Seasonal or recycling server, it's as much of an invented term as your "green style" but it at least has been doing the rounds on the forums for a couple of years now & has been explained in detail on why it was called that.

Your idea isn't even a new idea, it's like someone at Ferrari designed a car & you ripped off their design & called it the Lemonturtle.

But hey next time I want to do like you I'll call my *new* TLP idea the purple-flamingo server even though its not actually a new idea and has been around a couple of years already being called something different by everyone else.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  2. code-zero Augur

TIL that someone can come into an existing culture and redefine existing terms and be offended when people don't accept their new terminology.

Henceforth this behavior ought to be identified as Lemonturtling and the perpetrators will be Lemonturtles.

Thanks Skuz!
    Skuz, Genoane and Tweakfour17 like this.
  3. Triconix Augur

Literally any of those would be better than a normal classic starting TLP.
  4. Zinth Augur

well here in EVERQUEST a green server is simply a server that is highlighted in the server list... aka where they want to push people into and often the newest servers.

if you want p99 go there... here we play EVERQUEST in 2021
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I will admit I didn't even think of "green" servers as being the preferred ones, so this was an interesting segue.
    Zinth and code-zero like this.
  6. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I don't think it's worth getting all worked up over a misunderstanding of terminology. Let's not be sending potential players packing just because they're from p99. If they want to change the TLP's to be a true classic experience, that's one thing, but this is not that.

For the p99 players, it's best if you assume people here aren't familiar with the p99 terms for things. For everybody else, can we do away with the "go play another game" response. Try this instead: "try to appreciate the game for what it is today, you might like it."
  7. Xeris Augur

Or, just play on Agnarr if you like POP
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

Never heard of it.
    Skuz likes this.