Will Quest xp be nerfed on Agnarr?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Treesong, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Baldur Augur

A company wants to make money? Say it ain't so, those terrible people at Daybreak that want to make money, they should be ashamed.

In all seriousness, I'm not sure what your comment even means, don't expect something special. What would we be expecting special from it anyways?

They've already been making changes for it. They've added in more mobs to the server wide announcements. The last patch had a few fixes to instances in Velious, obviously fixing them for Agnarr.

It's in their best interest to have the Agnarr launch go as smoothly as possible. And as someone who plays on Phinny and doesn't plan on playing on Agnarr, I'm all for them fixing issues with TLPs.
  2. Gremin Augur

Please read the title of this post or the 50 other posts made asking for Berserkers, expansions started earlier, separate but same server for boxers. I am not referring to fixes, I am referring to special consideration requests.
  3. Baldur Augur

I think it's perfectly reasonable to define what you meant by special. I'm not a mind reader, special can mean many different things to different people.

Lots of people have asked for an expansion locked server in the past and now they're getting what they asked for. They would probably think that's pretty special.

Daybreak will never be able to please everyone with a server rule set.
  4. Gremin Augur

Hence why I answered you. Have a good day.
  5. Brunlin Augur

And here I was thinking DBG was working for foodstamps. Of course its a cash grab, buts a good one. Its servers like this that keeps the lights on for Everquest. They make money and we have a blast on their server...its a win win. Its called capitalism and capitalism is boss!!
  6. Kanuvan Elder

Bring back the crushbone belt market, that was a great way for new players to make money
  7. Treesong Elder

I did not know the XP nerf was across all the servers, that is insane. So they can not undo it, because then it would be undone on Phinny too?

Well, the more reason to tackle all those quests that are truly exploitable, fix them, and then undo the nerf across the board. Actually many of those hand in quests are fine in my book: it's the insta-spawn firebeetles with a pet class on Auto that needs to be fixed. Plus maybe tone down the XP on some of those hand ins: the Orc Belts have always been a bit too rewarding in my book. Or better, make the belts No Drop? That way, you would not have level 60s monopolize Crushbone in order to sell the belts. I am fine with low levels getting their own belts through killing and getting some good xp from them.

There are fixes for each of these Quests, I am guessing there are like 10-20 of them that needs looked at and get a specific fix: is that too much work? I guess so. :(
    Djaz likes this.
  8. Rhodz Augur

I never saw them as broken in the first place.
    What is broken is they allow people to disrupt a zone framing some singular quests and end up breaking the quests across the board just for reasons of their own.
    It is nonsensical but then this is a pretty insane world in the first place.
  9. Baselisk Journeyman

basically it has come down to "YES" quests don't give you any thing worth it in exp and not worth doing unless your not doing it for exp and just for reward or faction.