will getting lower level groups be hard on phinny in the near future?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Evertrek, Jan 4, 2016.

1. EradzEQ Elder

That rate really doesnt matter due to how close the RF/LJ and Phinny servers were released. Going into Phinny most ppl expected the same rates but DBG planned different and decided to leave out that tidbit of info. We all know that is some deceptive bs to snag up some fast subs and market place purchases.
  2. Bobbydomino Elder

It was a despicable ploy (especially feeling bad for people who sold their stuff on other server before realizing the exp difference)

But the previous poster is right. When we were leveling to 50 it was pretty reasonable. I remember getting 5 levels and a half in 9 hours in a good group. Of course we could stack groups for maximum experience with the best comps.

The issue is now that most are 50. There is little incentive to start alts and be in that critical level 20-40 range. Guys who have more than one 50s mostly say they took advantage of the double exp periods to do it.
  3. EradzEQ Elder

Reasonable probably because you were playing long hours and ahead of the masses which then you got a pick of camps with lots of mobs. If you are the average player fighting over mobs, it will take longer. It really all comes down to what you want to spend your time on. If you have nothing better to do and want to EQ it up, have at it. I don't judge how ppl spend their own time :)

Everyone knows that the BS about the exp being announced after server release is BS. If you disagree, keep drinking the Kool-aid.
  4. Bobbydomino Elder

Apparently calling it a despicable ploy wasn't hyperbolic enough.
  5. Nolrog Augur

Is there anyone that didn't complain that they didn't state this in advance? It was huge mistake, but changing the XP rate was not.
  6. Until We Felt Red Augur

I think it was and so do a lot of other people, apparently.
  7. Ultrazen Augur

See...the thing is, at least for me, I've been there and done that. I put in my time in EQ at release. I did the whole 'play 14 hours a day' thing. I'm pretty sure I'm in the majority of people on these servers. EQ at this point is a walk down memory lane, it should be a bit more casual. It's about getting to do those places you might have missed out on the first time around, or doing it with a class you didn't play before. Putting a huge hurdle in the way of exp grind is sort of missing the entire point of why people are attracted back to these servers. It dissuades people from rolling alts, it dissuades a lot of people from even getting 1 class to max level. That's not a great idea, it should be the opposite. Hell, I think they should offer an exp boost for each level 50 you have to encourage people to get to play all of the classes.

I'm for just about anything that gets a lot of people playing on a server, so there are plentiful groups. I'm really way past the point that I need to try and prove something to myself or anyone else about my endurance when it comes to a recreational activity.

In the long run, I think DBG made a huge mistake in splitting up what is a very niche crowd, into too many choices. EQ is a game that really relies on players grouping, x10000 on a server that makes it tough to box. They would have been much better served to just instance LJ and offer an exp boost for alts....now THAT would pack a server.

/shrug. Near as I can tell, at the level my characters are at on Phinny, it's already a ghost town. That's a shame, as EQ without a thriving player base is kind of worthless.
    Until We Felt Red likes this.
  8. Trevalon Augur

Recently started a monk alt because of the 10 million wizards on the server and I have to say, the low levels are becoming pretty barren. Groups are not that easy to find and when you do find one they are usually only 2-3 people.

Sucks because id love to level a monk, but with the exp as bad as it is and with groups becoming more and more rare, I dunno if I have the fortitude to do it, even with power leveling.

Now that everyone has 50's from double exp weekends, its time to up the server's experience so that it is reasonable for new people to come join the server.