Will DBG change rules before the release of Coirnav

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by KRYGZ, Feb 23, 2018.

1. KRYGZ Lorekeeper

Title says it all. Will DBG actually implement any changes to the Coirnav server that is different from w hat the posted under the main thread. Like FV rules etc. Have they e get changed the rules in the past before launch of a new TOP that was different from their original posts?
  2. Zansobar Augur

I doubt it. But if we are lucky they will launch two TLP servers at the same time, one with FV loot rules and faster XP and then the Phinny clone server.
  3. KRYGZ Lorekeeper

That would be the best thing for everybody.
  4. Scrax Elder

Despite the constant threads, Daybreak knows exactly what they are doing, and it makes perfect sense.

This server replaces phinny. In 9 months a new server will pop up with new rules. Probably FV rules since that's what everyones asking for and because that will make them great money, though such a server would be totally toxic since people will horde and fight over things like DE masks to sell later.
  5. Hateseeker Augur

As many times over the years as I've started new characters in EQ, including multiple TLPs, I just can't imagine doing it again unless it FV rules and fast exp gain, as well as 3 month unlocks. I've burned out by Velious or Luclin way too many times; and for me the OoW and beyond expansions are the ones I'm most looking forward to and least actually get to.

And if Pantheon or some other game comes out that presents a viable alternative, I suspect I'll never see EQ again.
    TeeEHLpee likes this.
  6. KRYGZ Lorekeeper

Toxic you say. I guess you don't get the big picture on FV rules. Its called long term retention which this new server is going to the end game. Any server that allows for free trade on all items are directly related to increased Krono buying far more than a regular server. Look at the statistics. Granted RMT will be there but it is on every TLP, so you can't blame RMT.
  7. KRYGZ Lorekeeper

Toxic you say. I guess you don't get the big picture on FV rules. Its called long term retention which this new server is going to the end game. Any server that allows for free trade on all items are directly related to increased Krono buying far more than a regular server. Look at the statistics. Granted RMT will be there but it is on every TLP, so you can't blame RMT.
  8. snailish Augur

I feel like the FV loot rules lobby has probably been noticed. The response in the main thread asking for this change in time for Coirnav's launch has been decent but not overwhelming.

So I doubt it changes for Coirnav.

Now if there was 5-10 more pages of different accounts posting "I would play FV loot rules Coirnav" aka a really strong response, maybe it goes differently.
  9. Nolrog Augur

Highly unlikely. It seems (speculation) that they are trying to get this up and running very fast (just a few weeks ago, they said no plans for a new TLP. . . .) and if that is the cast, then there isn't much time to design and implement a new type of rule set, so they have to utilize things they could put in place quickly (e.g., FV loot rules) and not something that they have to work out, plan and get the programming resources to do. (again, speculation).

Sort of. When originally announced, Originaly on Phini, GoD and OOW were supposed to open at the same time. After a considerable amount of of "discussion", they split the locks so that Omens opened 2 months after GoD. While that wasn't a rule set change, it was a change to the way the server was initially announced to run.
  10. Nolrog Augur

Like the response was to split GoD and Omens on Phini . . . .
    snailish likes this.
  11. TeeEHLpee Augur

faster exp (since we cant hold picks open) and FV loot would make it sweet!
  12. Gurtu New Member

Yeah I will definately not be bringing my 3 accounts over and subbing for another crappy Phini repeat
  13. Gurtu New Member

I mean what a Joke DBG you really had to slack off on this new TLP and obviously you dont give a about your customers I really hope this time Coirnav fails miserably so you can see why we have been asking for something different
  14. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Anything is possible with DBG, their could be another TLP 2 days after who knows.....
  15. Gurtu New Member

they better do something i mean why the hell would anyone want to even leave phini for a repeat of xp and to start over when they are established already
  16. Tachyon Augur

17. Machentoo Augur

The outcry on that was both large and one sided--almost no one posted in favor their combined expansion plan--and it still took them around a full year to change their minds. No way Coirnav loot rules get changed between now and when it launches, even if there is a thousand page thread.
  18. Kahna Augur

Why the hell would DBG want you to leave Phinny to come play on the new server? They already have you playing on Phinny. Keep playing there, that makes them happy.

This server is for those who missed out on Phinny, who left and couldn't get caught up, and who don't want to be stuck in PoP. Not you folks who are happy on Phinny. It's also actually very nicely timed to catch folks on Agnarr who find PoP lock to be less than they anticipated, as the boring expansions will be over by that point on Coirnav, but it won't be so advanced as to put people off.
  19. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I think it's pretty obvious their target market for Coirnav is not primarily players currently playing on Phinny.
  20. Sillyfish Elder

If they bring out FV rules on Coirnav I WONT play.

Would be fine with exp speed increase.
    Hootski likes this.