Will Campaign releases include all previous Expansion and Campaigns or not?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by maverick, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Yeah Holly is really bad about not communicating with us in a timely fashion and sometimes not at all. I like her and think she is better at getting things done and having the team make improvements with less nerfs than the previous producer who was a nice guy but seemed like he was more of a manager and not as passionate about EQ or games in general.

I've had more luck talking to her on Twitter and gotten more info from her that way than I ever have from any posts here. If it weren't for the few thousand players who post here this forum would be totally dead.
    Motherlee likes this.
  2. Derd Augur

Few thousand?
  3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I'm willing to cut DBG at least a little slack. Not only are they still getting used to being a different company there is even less of them - and now they are doing it without a vet like Smed to lead them on - say what you will about him - it's even more restructure that wasn't planned.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  4. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

[IMG]
    Gyurika Godofwar, Iila and Mayfaire like this.
  5. Kravitz Augur

Your definition of "new" is very different from mine.

All they did was change the name of the company. There isn't any new devs or new management. And by new, I mean people who haven't worked for the company before. They are still running the same old shop but now with even less resources in terms of members on their development team.

Its like Kentucky Fried Chicken being branded as KFC now. All they did was change their brand name.
  6. Drogane Journeyman

If there are plans to include any gear or spells with a higher level requirement than lvl 100, the campaign will have to unlock TDS as well. A scenario where buying the campaign that has item drops that aren't useable unless you also own TDS just wouldn't be very feasible. I'm just kind of surprised they haven't dropped the price on TDS to $20 to try and squeeze a few extra buys before the campaign drops.
    Motherlee likes this.
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

You couldn't be any more wrong. You might be new to business but when any business changes hands and new heads are in control, nothing can be expected to be the same. Different signature signing your checks means new business models. 'Merica...err is it still 'Merica with Russian ownership? :p
  8. RoguesOwn Lorekeeper

I would like to know was well. I have 2(4) accounts I put TDS on hold for because of lack of content for the price / ROI. It being September already, I really need to know if I can expect the usual package deal, or if I need to buy TDS now (so I can get the alts back up to speed) and "invest" in a new expansion release model.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Here is how they did it for EQ 2 - $14.99 for the campaign by itself and $49.99 for the campaign and the expansion it requires if you don't already have it. I imagine we can expect something similar but of course they may change it up a bit for EQ. We'll find out soon I hope.

https://www.everquest2.com/expansion-content
  10. Silv Augur

E-mailing her directly also seems to be a rather effective means of communication despite how counter intuitive that may be... at least it was semi-successful a few months ago. The lack of forum updates and producer's letters is disheartening to say the least though.
  11. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I agree and I've emailed her in the past as well. I don't think they understand how much it lowers morale not to get much info or posts about the game we love. I understand that EQ 2 is her primary focus but if not for us there would be no EQ 2 and no Daybreak and no hundreds of millions for Smed to squander on all those failed pet projects.
  12. Iila Augur

I hope it's not aiming for a mid-oct release date again. I'm not a fan of short betas.
  13. Silv Augur

What are you talking about? We had 6 months of TDS beta once alpha finished last October.
  14. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Duke EverQuest Forever... EverQuest Democracy...
  15. Koryu Professional Roadkill

We aren't out of Beta yet. Every TDS raid except for Vitio has something not working correctly. I'm not sure CotF should be considered done since there's unfinished lore and the "Rotten Heart" mission is STILL crashing the game.
    Iila, Gyurika Godofwar and Silv like this.
  16. Kravitz Augur

Lol, signing with a different signature means you have a new brand name, how does that relate to the people who are at the company still being the same as before the name change. Like I said your definition of new is vastly different from mine, nothing has changed in terms of actually new people being hired for EQ1, in fact it has shrunk.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Iila like this.
  17. Iila Augur

Some of that shrinkage may have been an improvement for the health of the game.
  18. Silv Augur

/coughitemizationcoughtradeskills
  19. svann Augur

Bard pulling required!