Wild Rampage?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by DDMasterX, Mar 19, 2017.

1. DDMasterX New Member

Is wild rampage a real problem to be concerned about?
    I started a 6 box group (EQ Live) with Bard, Mage x5 and use healer merc when needed. My intention is to experience all content from Kunark up to current at which time I will join a guild and 1-2 box. I just want to experience all the stuff in this game I have missed but I have no interest in the TLP servers as I feel the exp rates are ridiculous.
    I appreciate all the input I can get on this subject. Thank all :)
  2. Minato Augur

i could be wrong on this but ill chime in since nobody else has. wild rampage is the next target with the highest hate but im pretty dang sure there is a range limit to it so the only ones to get hit by it if you are boxing 5 mages and a bard are either a mage pet or bard if you keep him close to the pets
    DDMasterX likes this.
  3. DDMasterX New Member

Awesome! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment Minato :)
    Minato likes this.
  4. Gialana Augur

I'm pretty sure wild rampage is AE rampage, which has an AE radius. Single target rampage is just rampage and hits the next highest aggro character. Single target rampage often (maybe always) can hit that character well outside of melee range.
  5. mackal Augur

rampage has nothing to do with aggro, it's just set by the order people get put on the aggro list.

Range for both I think can be different ranges and ignores LOS. Both can also have their own damage mods, usually they're less than normal damage, but there are some mobs that in fact ramp for more :p
  6. Gialana Augur

Thank you. I was having a dunce moment.
    To put another way, the first person on the mob's aggro list who is not also at the top of the aggro list will be the rampage target.