Why?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Cavaras, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Cavaras New Member

Why are jerks allowed to come steal a camp that people have invested time in? Why is this allowed? I'm just starting to play again and working on cleric epic and some jerk brings his boxed army to LR and takes over my camp and talks crap about it. What happened to honorable people? What happened to GM's actually doing somthing and not allowing this? People's rep's dont mean crap anymore to them.. I'm sorry venting but I'm about moments away from canceling my account and not wanting to play another game full of asshats.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

It basically boils down to money and greed. Money on DBG side in terms of not wanting to dish out the amount of money it would take to pay for GM's to act like the EQ police over things like this. The greed end is from the players who feel there is some kind of financial (usually the case) gain or significant boost in power for their toon by taking your camp. It sucks but this is the kind of wild west mentality you will find on the TLP servers. I know many people come back to EQ for the nostalgia but the only real nostalgia you are going to find on a TLP is in the content. If you want to play where people actually do care about server reputation and honor old school rules you will have to go to live. A lot of the players there have been with the game since the start and treat their respective servers like a home not like some kind of coal mine that they can harvest and pollute the environment until the resources have gone dry and then move on to the next mine.
  3. Cavaras New Member

Yeah but people like that should be banned not encouraged. should be a vote to kick button people off the server..
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Um no kick button. I could see the people getting kicked right and left because you/they/them/him/her/or even I :eek: disagreed with something said in chat.
    It is frustrating to have this happen but it has always happened in EQ from day 1. There are jerks in real life also. Bout the only thing you can do is make some high level friends (otherwise know as a guild) to help you. At least on Agnarr. On regular servers it is not so much an issue anymore.
  5. Roxas MM Augur

Both kill stealing and camp stealing aren't a bannable offense for DBG. It is what it is.
  6. Rhaage Augur

hmm... what if there was a "reputation" stat that either boosted or lowered your character's effectiveness?... i.e. +/- some relatively key stats (heroics, or maybe spell damage or etc.) based on other players feedback? Possibly with a feedback loop / cost. i.e. if I want to give you a thumbs down it either costs me something or I have to give up some of my reputation to do it....

with no feedback it'd be same as it is now.
    if you're well liked your character is stronger than if you're unknown
    if you're despised you can still function in your role but it won't be easy

limits on how many votes an account (or IP or both) can submit in a 24 hour period. Possibly limits on how many points a character can gain or lose in a given amount of time.

7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Popularity contest? No thanks. Most of these farmers/bot armys don't care what other people think of them. Too easy to rig.
  8. Aurastrider Augur

I think what it all breaks down to is you have a population without any real form of governing body with rules and further no real rule enforcers not to mention there is basically a huge mindset of people that come to this area with a renegade or outlaw mindset. This works well in say the wild west where everyone is packing heat and does not mind placing a bullet in someone for looking at them the wrong way. When you insert people who don't have this mindset into this environment who for the most part are decent humans who actual try to respect others you are going to be left with a whole lot of grief as the outlaws are going to shoot you down without cause or justification. Its like throwing a wounded animal into a cage with a hungry lion. Its sad to say but in a lawless land where there are no real morals such as the TLPs you either have to become a renegade yourself or become someone meal ticket. Come join us on live and I think you will find your experience to be much different. Yes group play might not be what it is and maybe you don't like all the content (or you think you don't) but the players are a lot more old school and our communities are much more evolved. You really only have 3 options, either quit, stay and put up with it, or join the triple digit club and do content that is from the last decade.
  9. Funk Augur

The insatiable greed of humans controls the whole planet earth. So unfortunately a lack of honorable people in a video game is not surprising. And the guy cares nothing about reputation as I'm sure he plays with himself most if not all the time.
  10. code-zero Augur

It's really because the basic game mechanics are that DPS wins the kill and that when art is done for zones the developers never at any time request that a specific /loc be an area where one can safely camp a particular spawn.

In other words, the reason that they don't punish players for killing your mobs is because the mob always belongs to whoever does the most damage.

They will enforce the no /afk rule, they'll ban you permanently should you be caught training to kill other players but your hard work isn't recognized by the mechanics of the game.

AFAIK dispels and memblurs and charming and gating are all recognized as legitimate functions of character abilities but the fact that you've been sitting in one spot for hours means nothing as far as the game cares.
  11. Febb Augur

The early game was never designed to keep stuff like this from happening. This is the reason why TLP servers go through a swamp in the classic expansions. Later expansions are actually better designed to prevent stuff like this to happen via No Drop items and private instancing for groups.
    code-zero likes this.
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

To OP, is this a zone which you can /pick a different instance of?
  13. slayerofbats Augur

People should petition to bring back Play Nice Policy. If they can't afford it, bring back subscriptions.
  14. svann Augur

The thing about that is the deplorables would group up to ban you. Youre damn right they would.
    Drusi likes this.