Why TLP needs a PVP server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Darktide, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Darktide Elder

Yes, you will probably lose the Zek server to the zerg of players that go to the TLP PvP server, but they'll all be paying to play.

You'll have a much larger population. Starting over is always what people want so they can "race to the top" and seek items that eventually no longer drop.

There has been no PvP TLP server. People who have never gotten a chance to experience EQPvP would now be able to do so at the same time as everyone else.

You pretty much have Sullon Zek "no rules" on existing PvE servers with KSing and training being the go to means of assaulting other players. Why not just go the extra step and make a Sullon Zek server.
    Massimo_Bertoxx and Eangel like this.
  2. Fhiele Augur

GO GO GOOD GUYS!
    Eangel likes this.
  3. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

I would add, not only has there not been a PvP TLP, but there hasn't been a new PvP server since '01.

Sullon Zek was so fun. I'd play.
    Eangel likes this.
  4. Silv Augur

Sullon Zek-TLP would be the best server ever.
    Eangel likes this.
  5. McDougal Augur

LOL [IMG]
  6. Eangel Elder

All good points. Kinda amazed we haven't seen a TLP PVP server with EQ after EQ2 released their two TLE servers, one being PVP based. The socking that would occur would be EPIC!
  7. Darktide Elder

Being the best in EQ on a PvP server is much more of an accomplishment than being the best on a PvE server.... This challenge is needed.
  8. Kahna04 Journeyman

Not surprising when you consider the pvp server was a huge failure.
    Drexll likes this.
  9. Eangel Elder

Not the best implementation, the potential was there, though.
  10. Agrippa Augur

Considering that they have no problems supporting zero population servers for years, I don't see why they don't create more servers that will cater to most niches.
    Drexll likes this.
  11. Darktide Elder

It would be my guess that more people played on EQ1 PvP servers over time than EQ2. The EQ1 pvpers would either have gone to WOW or EQ2. Anyone looking to re-live EQ1 PvP will come to the TLP and I'm betting that's a lot.
  12. Pallantus New Member

Most EQ fun to date was on SZ on good side. The struggle was real! ;)
  13. Eangel Elder

Some of the best times for PVP were the earlier expacs, IMO. TLP PVP lets us that enjoyed these days to do so again instead of looking at other games.
  14. Darktide Elder

Serious lack of options on these TLP servers :p
  15. Pallantus New Member

Makes me sad =/