why so long

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by blogget, Apr 15, 2020.

1. blogget New Member

i read the patch notes, 13 hours for so few items? that's pretty ridiculous even if everybody is working from home, it takes less time to unveil an entire new expansion
  2. spliFF New Member

I smell extended patch incomming...
  3. Overcast451 Augur

Aren't they doing server merges? I could see that taking a while. Probably have to merge databases and then run checks on them. That alone might take hours.
  4. blogget New Member

ok, I can see if they're doing server mergers, but the patch notes don't mention doing that at all, who knows
  5. Elyssanda Bardbrain

the March 16th news from EQ had :
    but I didn't see anything specifically saying it would happen with this patch.
  6. Genjo Lorekeeper

They have two big things in the works - server merges and two new TLP. Maybe they doing both right now. The idea to do something big for everyone during the COVID 19??? What ya think possible?
  7. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

They could be making some back end changes for the actual merges or TLP releases. This way when they do the actual merges or fire up the new servers, they already have some back end stuff in place to make the process go faster/smoother when they happen.

My guess is it has to do with the upcoming server merges and they're trying to spread the workload out over a couple patches vs doing it all at once.
    Fanra likes this.
  8. Akrom New Member