Why play a rogue over a monk?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TheBlueSkySystem, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Dyzalot Augur

I am still amazed at how many people I have to tell when moving through Lguk that I can self invis vs both normal and undead mobs. Rogue lockpicking is a minor utility enjoyed by groups. Even in classic I've been able to open doors in Unrest and the door at Sword camp in the Hole to get to more mobs and named. Being able to sneak/hide to many camps is appreciated even if it is rare for a group to consider that ability when looking for a rep. I've helped on pulls by going into a multi spawn room and being able to give targets to a class that can pacify or lull. I've helped by being able to sneak/hide over to an FD monk so I can tag a mob while he stays down to clear aggro. I've done cr's, although yeah it isn't as important as it used to be. I think we have more utility than people give us credit for. However, I do still agree that we could use some kind of dps buff in classic to help stay more competitive with monks and other dps classes.