Why is COV Tier 2 kicking my tail?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Heimdall, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Fohpo Augur

This is disgustingly true, people holding 2-5 minute cooldowns when they could be rolling those constantly is huge. A decent group will kill named long before they need to use every burn ability available to a class, you should constantly be utilizing something regardless of trash or named.
    minimind likes this.
  2. Heimdall Elder

Bard's melody is currently Crescendo, Chrous, Psalm, Suffering, Assonant Binding, and Insult with Arura of Margidor
  3. Wulfhere Augur

Try (at least as a test): Crescendo, Reckless, Pulse (regen/heal focus), Chorus, Psalm, .... (your rest), the bard can maintain them all, and Aura of Vhal`Sera instead.
  4. Cadira Augur

Aura and aria (mostly) stack so prob a good idea to keep it in the lineup.
    Szilent likes this.
  5. Heimdall Elder

When you say the bard can maintain them all, you mean all the ones you listed, or all the ones you listed and the ones I listed? I think that's 8 songs with a couple long recast that will get skipped if they're not refreshed yet.
  6. Raptorjesus5 Augur

The simple answer is that Tier 2 CoV is overtuned. The difficulty scales up dramatically but the rewards do not. This is common for expansions that don't have level increases.
  7. Wulfhere Augur

Yes. Have you tried it yet?
  8. Heimdall Elder

For one spawn cycle quick. Going to try it again tonight
  9. Heimdall Elder

That's the conclusion I'm coming to as well. I didn't expect to go to extremes like that. Not needing defensive discs outside of a named+ really bad luck pull to needing full time coverage. But after a couple days of hitting Finley and the sharks I'm noticing a difference. The healer merc is working much much less in Tier 1 COV even compared to T1 TOV.
    • May have to fill in some Hate AA's too to switch out of Defensive Stance but I'll play with it and see. I do use the AA slows if just to free up some spell slots., but then I overwrite the Turgurs with single target Counterbias so the WAR gets the heal. Turgurs first (well Malx first then Turgx) to land the faster cast slow, and cripple, Counterbias to land the heal.
      Shaman usually just needs to drop Recourse or Intervention intermittently
      I haven't used Growth very much, may have to take a second look at it, but I do keep Ennui up- I get a little OCD on buff order so I can keep track of what's up and what isn't. Lupine Spirit, Aego, Vie, Talisman x4, Cloak Shield, Mount Blessing as a permanent book end of buff "groups" then Brace, and Ennui, then the Familiar Buff, which is then followed by Counterbias Heal, and Lioness. That way with just a glance I can see an empty hole of the "wrong" color in the "wrong" place.
    I had been doing that through Augs in COTF drops, but then the augs disappeared. I figured out they're deeper into the xpac through upgrading other augs, but it's further into the xpac than I've gotten. I've been pretty much farming Finley for Ores and if it ever drops the HAgi Type 5, so maybe I'll keep one of the clubs next time I didn't look too closely as I'd already moved the bard into Luclin weapon drops from the bazaar.
  10. Celephane Augur

I feel you are still missing the point here. ToV is older than CoV, it came out first. Mobs in ToV are easier than mobs in CoV.
  11. Tucoh Augur

Yeah that's one of the big challenges I had too. I'll send you a PM about it.
  12. Heimdall Elder

Yeah I get them backwards because COV comes before TOV in the alphabet. But in that case I had it right: The healer Merc - after the suggestions provided - was working much less than before (even) in Tier 1 COV (which is harder than and) when compared to what it was doing Tier 1 TOV.