Why i cashed out on coirnav

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lantherion, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Lantherion Elder

#1 The server population isn't that good, we see about 800 online during prime time. You're going to see a big decline during kunark and then another after pop so just be warned if you plan on sticking around for awhile.

#2 The exp rate is horrible. Right now your getting a 50% boost from the anniversary event and/or running a 25% exp pot so it might not feel that bad but trust me once the 50% boost runs out and you have no more pots left you're going to feel the pain and let's be honest do you really want to grind out thousands of aa's with that exp rate?

#3 Botters Heaven, This server has the most multiboxing groups on any of the tlp servers so far so if you enjoy botting your good to go.

I know ill get bashed by the current coirnav players and i don't mind that one bit but ill be here to tell you "i told you so" when coirnav crashed and burns when the exp event ends.

TLDR, made 12 krono and saving it for the next progression server with agnarr rates.
    andross77 likes this.
  2. WhoIsIt New Member

Wow, you made 12 whole krono! Good job! But on a real note, the server came out on Friday, it is now Monday. How do you get your "About 800 during prime time" That's clearly a number you made up on the spot. I do agree the xp rate is low, but for you to pretend like you are some kind of fortune teller..no you don't know how this server is going to go 3 days in.
  3. Guzzle Augur

It's about as populated as Agnarr is, and even more populated than Phinny is. 800 is ... probably not at all an accurate figure.

Most popular TLP to date in Phinny has the same "exp issues", and yet getting AA's is insanely easy.

Botting or boxing? They are quite different terms. Every server is a "boxers heaven". Everquest as a whole is nothing but a major box fest. Welcome to the last ... 15 years?

Get in line with all of the folks predicting Phinny will "crash and burn" as well. Well into DoDH and population is pretty fantastic. Of course, the inability to properly handle PoR by the dev team despite advanced warning of what was needed to maintain the server as advertised might tank it... but we'll see!
  4. welly321 Elder

coirnav will be dead before velious even comes out
  5. Farore Journeyman

i feel like it's the same people claiming over and over that coirnav is dead/will be dead in a few months. not sure if these are agnarr players scared their server will be dead (it already was on the decline) or phinny players scared their guilds will collapse.

the reality is, coirnav is insanely popular right now. there are tons of unrest picks, tons of upper guk picks and many people already 30+. so... claiming the exp rate is bad seems horribly wrong. maybe solo it is, but why the heck are you playing solo in a game that since its inception has been best for grouping?

wish dbg would do something about these 3 or 4 people constantly yelling at clouds on the forums.
  6. Catashe Augur

Coirnav might have 800 people but by Velious it'll probably be down to half that.. Cause between boxes and kroon farmers people cover half that population and theres just too many droppable items people will buy for kronos
  7. Coder Joe Journeyman

"Server population is low."
    "The population will dry up over the next weeks and months."
    "I will be back to say I told you so!"

Everquest is a 19 year old game. You are not some prophet for guessing that the server populations will be low. Everyone knows it will be low no matter what they do.

This is about like Trump saying "NFL ratings are down!" and pretending it is because of him or that he is a genius. All TV ratings are down because people use the Internet, use social media, watch , and play video games these days. None of which require watching two minutes of commercials every 10 minutes or so.

Everquest is 19 years old. It won't be making a comeback anytime soon nor will it ever be flooded with new players again.
  8. Krezzy Augur

I can't speak for all Agnarr players, but our server is still very new. It doesn't look very appealing to go back and replay what we did a year ago, only with slower XP. So far, our guild attrition has been slow and constant. Coirnav has not made an impact.
  9. Green_Mage Augur

Well It's become apparent to me that DBG probably didn't want Agnarr players moving...So they made a server that only possibly be appealing to those that want a new server and aren't playing on Agnarr. I suspect to see Phinny people that are in the mood to restart, people that play every launch, and just the handful of people that want a non-pop locked server that weren't around for Phinny for whatever reason.

I agree this will be the least popular TLP of all time...I just don't think that's a horrible thing and now the server is useless....

Sometimes a little less popularity is nice. I think this EXP is fine...I just don't like all the hush hush about the ZeMs...I don't like the idea of every TLP being a set up for insiders to have an easy krono cash-in...

Thats starting to become a little too obvious to the playerbase IMO. We got to at least pretend that's not going on.
  10. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Welcome to the wash out club. I'm a member as well. :D
  11. C3lowz Augur

Idk why people are losing their minds on the exp rate. its not that bad, Phini was worse. AA's will not take an eternity to get 1 single AA. You're going to be in 60 for almost a year until PoP, sure Luclin brings the AA's, but you need like what, 300-400 AA's for all the essential ones?

Stop bringing up Exp as an excuse to not come.
  12. Catashe Augur

only judge on whether Coirnav was worth it is when level increase expansions(or expansions period) come out on the other TLPs and how many people go back to those servers to honestly see whats left of Coirnav
  13. Vashnoob Lorekeeper

yep same xp as phinigel but faster for the next 2 weeks.. yet somehow this server is gonna fail? lulz. alreaedy noticable decline on agnarr, thanks to coirnav but no corinav is going to fail.

/tinfoil hat on