Why does berserker gear have kick damage?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Malkavius, Nov 16, 2023.

1. Malkavius Augur

So after playing on mischief and choosing to main a ber I notice a decent amount of high end berserker specific gear has kick damage on the gear. Now I'm hoping someone can tell me why?
  2. Darconis New Member

Well, if they can teach a snake to kick....
    Rijacki likes this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I could only find two items that even had Kick Mod on them that were Berserker usable:
    Fabled Sandals of Contemplation
    Sandals of Contemplation

Even if there are loads of items with +Kick damage it caps at 100 anyway which is literally adding just 100 damage to each kick AFTER all the other rolls. It's 100% not worth thinking about after level 50. Same goes for +Bash, +Frenzy, +Flying Kick.

Berserkers can kick but on the same timer as Frenzy anyway so only time I ever used it was in very rare "must stop the caster NPC gating" type situations.
  4. Mithra Augur

Current gear archetype is WAR, MNK, ROG, BER. Some of those classes want +kick.
  5. Randomized Augur

Same reason a bunch of items with +Frenzy on it have spell damage and healing bonuses attached as well.
  6. JasonEQ New Member

SOD group quest zerk only quest armor has +kick, meaning only zerkers can wear the gear. It seems kind of dumb IMO but obviously not worth the devs changing for the one expac it occurs in.
  7. FranktheBank Augur

[IMG]
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Cause Merloc or whoever was lazy when they implemented the gear templating the game started using from like level 80+.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I had forgotten that set, was weird but not a big deal, thanks for the refresher.
  10. minimind The Village Idiot

I think I remember complaining about this. I assumed that the inclusion of +kick resulted in the omission of something else (like +frenzy) but was told that these mods were added to gear independent of overall item balance. The item either gets +kick or not. It's not crowding anything else out.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Malkavius Augur

12. coltongrundy Augur

So your kicks do more damage
    FranktheBank likes this.