why do mages cast modulation shard and mod rod

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by gnomeboss, Jun 26, 2023.

1. gnomeboss Augur

see title. also, i know mages can also cast a self only mod rod. the modulation shard and the mod rod share the same timer. is the mod rod a backup in case the shard runs out and you really need some mana? i've never used the mod rod once i got the modulation shard aa and for whatever reason, this question is an itch i just can't scratch and i need answers. thanks ~
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

All I know is Rod of Mystical Transvergence is used in that Frostfell quest so everyone is begging for them around that time.

And if you hang them in your house,guild, bank etc then you won't keep getting them when they are cast. :D
    Rijacki and gnomeboss like this.
  3. Cadira Augur

I never understood it. I guess it might be a backup mod rod for after the mage leaves for their friends? Cause if they're still around they can just replace the dead rod with a new one whenever.
    gnomeboss likes this.
  4. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

The different rod types are useful in different level ranges. Not everyone is 120 even on Live.
    gnomeboss likes this.
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

I never see these used on raids or anything else. I usually end up with these when I have a toon in a buff pile. I believe they do it because they are not lore and players can have them both. This gives the player 6 charges instead of 3 when not with the mage. This works out the the mage equivalent of extended duration Clarity.
    gnomeboss likes this.
  6. kenmei Augur

op knows the answer.
    to kill newbies. and then lol about it.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

OP, the answer seems pretty obvious to me....

The mod rod is AoE, so everybody gets one. You think they'd program it to have everybody get one except the caster? That would be a waste of code.

I don't think it's any more complicated than that.