Why do i have to loot all that quest stuff?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by daBlubb, Nov 24, 2013.

1. daBlubb Elder

Hi,

just made Jacylls Jailbreak and im on the step: Loot 20 honey-tipped arrows.
    Got 19, cannot find the last one. First corpses are poofed already, so... bad luck.

It is not a part of the task to give this items to an NPC.

So why not make a yellow text which says:
    "You have found a arrow / bixie head /hive memory /whatever"
    "you where not able to find a quest item" ?

Less problems with corpses in walls and you dont have a full inventory with quest items you no longer need, when the quest is done.

da Blubb
  2. Crystilla Augur

They actually created many of the more modern tasks to use that approach (unless lore demanded actual looting for some reason) but a lot of the older missions work old style.

Not all of the newest ones are 'text' only however.
  3. Edrick Augur

I think some developers prefer it the loot way, other developers prefer it the text way. It was the same in Rain of Fear and Veil of Alaris. Maybe before that, but I can't remember. It depends on who designed the zone's quests.
  4. Schadenfreude Augur

Some of the new quest collection stuff sells to vendors for a few hundred plat. Thumbs up to the dev that put that small change through.
  5. RagePaw Augur

Definitely prefer not having to loot items. It just slows the flow of the game down for my taste and makes things more fiddly.
    Fanra likes this.
  6. Edrick Augur

You'll loot those orc pawn picks and you'll like it.
  7. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I'll be honest... When I'm going through Partisan/Mercenary achievements of each zone, I find it takes me longer to run around and get all the quests than it takes me to do about half of them.

I am starting to wish there was an /easy button that requested all quests on zoning in and all follow-up quests are automatically added after you complete the former in the chain.

Also the loot/kill credit ones are nice. It can be annoying to sift through bags and figure out where stuff got sent to.
    Fanra likes this.