Why do DB censor the posts about their laxism against the bots ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Merlein, Apr 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merlein New Member

My previous post where I said that obviously the bots were accepted by DB has been censored.
    But it is the truth, and more than that, DB allows the bots to cheat, and do things for which any real player would have been definitively banned. And DB censors all the posts saying that these bots are protected.
    3 points that we have all seen on AB server, and reported to DB, without any reaction:

1 – Bots can detect when and where a named spawns in the zone, without any tracker in the group, and often without any tracker at all in the whole zone.
    For info, composition of the 3 current bots on AB server : Mag, Clr, War or Pal (depending on groups), Enc, Wiz, Wiz

2- When a named has been spawned by another group, they don’t run at him, but they warp at the exact location, in less than 15s, anywhere in the zone. They don’t have a mage prepositioned in the more than 100 possible spawn locations, and I have seen them disappear from EW ZI to begin to KS a group of friends in giants fort less than 15 seconds later

3-They kill AFK. I have seen them, after an emergency evac in EW, respawn at zone in, but still with auto-attack on. They aggroed Crusader Vrakek and the dwarves, evaced again, respawned at the same ZI still in auto-attack, and that 3 times in a row (yes, they can evac multiple times in a row) before being all dead and respawn without auto-attack on. Would a non AFK player do that ?

DB has been informed several times of that since december 2019, and they can verify these facts very easily at anytime.
    They do nothing. And more, they bodyguard the bots, banning everyone who is suspected to train them.
    If it is because each bot player has at least 3 bots, ie 18 paying accounts, it is really greedy and terrible.
    How long will this post stay on the forum before being censored ?
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Generalised posts saying "there are bots & nothing is being done about them" don't help anyone, they contain no actionable information, nor should they.

If you broke the forum rules, very easily done in posts seeking to get specific players investigated, then your post will get moved to a non-public section.

There is a correct process for reporting activity which is believed to be contravening the rules.

Create a ticket here - > https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us

Give as much hard evidence as you can provide, video, screenshots etc. & let the CSR team deal with it, be very specific, be very detail focused, keep your opinions to an absolute minimum & focus on facts.

Remember to include the important info in your petition.

Server
    Date
    Time (timestamps help here)
    Zone
    Part of the zone the bad activity was happening in - giving a brief description of what you believe you observed.
    Character names (never use those on the forum or post screenshots showing them)

Attach any recorded gameplay footage that clearly shows the suspected behaviour

Attach any relevant screen shots of what you observed.

Also use the /report feature if there is text from the suspected cheater.

This will make it as easy as possible for the CSR team to follow up on your report, details matter so give as much information as you can, opinions don't really count here it's not about what you think is happening it's about what you can show is going on.

All of the above said it doesn't mean the person you suspect will get an immediate ban, CSR investigation is not something we as players have any control over so don't get your hopes up as CSR try to be fair as possible to players reported, they usually look at what the reported player is doing for themselves before taking any action, and always give players a chance to defend themselves or explain what they are doing - sometimes what looks like cheating may be someone actively playing and you can expect to get zero feedback on any action taken, but the CSR team rely on good reports to be able to begin the process.
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.
  3. dreadlord Augur

I would suspect the last thread was removed/censored because it could be interpreted as condoning 3rd party software (it wasn't of course, but reading sarcasm can be tricky)
    The issue is that many many dozens of reports that fit all the criteria have been made (that I, personally, know of). They have been made by very experienced players of good standing etc. Reports (obviously I can't vouch for the veracity of them) all are made daily.
    The bot/warping/killstealing groups are in there daily. They were in there as soon as servers were up yesterday and were (at time of posting) there until about an hour ago. Suddenly EW has at least 4 real people groups in it!
    Apart from the occasional high end raiding guild grp with the dps to take them on, there's hardly ever anyone there but the bots. It's horrible. Miserable. It's hardly surprising that people get very very frustrated
  4. Febb Augur

Set up shop right next to them and DPS down everything they pull. Eventually they will either move on some where else or log off.
  5. dreadlord Augur

They very rarely pull/kill trash. (although they were spotted killing trash yesterday - so rare an occasion it was talked about widely and none of us had seen them doing this since they were levelling up to toons months ago) .
  6. Smokezz The Bane Crew

If you don't know why your post was deleted...
  7. Merlein New Member

I have created 3 tickets with all the information in it.
    My guild has created more than 50 tickets.
    The other people on AB has probably created more than 200 tickets.

And ?
  8. enclee Augur

There are two reasons that are why they don't do anything about automated bots, they need the revenue and lack the competence to build an anti-cheat program.

There isn't an excuse for not pursuing legal action, as Blizzard has already established precedent. Basically, they did a market analysis and determined no action was better than taking action.
    Tiffany likes this.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And they can petition you for kill stealing which could get you in trouble instead of them. Need to remember that just because they are violating the rules doesn't mean that they don't try to use those same rules against others and are not recording evidence to support themselves.
  10. Intenso Augur

No they can’t dps wins since progression servers started they can’t be bothered policing killsteal
  11. IvanCrossingguard New Member

I was always told that killstealing wasn’t against the rules? So, why do people keep saying it is against the rules? Someone is very wrong here and is spreading misinformation.
  12. Intenso Augur

It used to be years ago when soe ran it lol like 10 year ago
  13. Febb Augur

No such thing as kill stealing anymore. They threw the rule out the window. It's now who can win the DPS race.
  14. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

Kill stealing should be against the rules, but so too should a bunch of other things that either actually are, but are not enforced or need to be put as against the rules. If the devs or admins are failing their jobs, even rewarding bad behavior and it is impacting legit players, then the players have to start doing the policing. And if they are getting in trouble instead of the actual perpetrators, EQ will fail so in the end it's in their best interest to do what is right by everyone. You can turn a blind eye sometimes, but you can not do it all the time. Otherwise you start bumping into walls. ^^!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.