Why Did Kronos?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Morgoth, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Morgoth Elder

Been gone a couple of months.

What has caused Kronos to go from 300K to 400K+ .. ?
  2. Riou EQResource

People wanting more plat, people figuring out Krono were super cheap in terms of plat / rl $ vs actual Sub time it grants, all games going to SOE All Access easier (you don't have to mess with that subbing 1 month then going full krono stuff), etc
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

People bought them all, resold them for 400k .. .500k... or more.
  4. svann Augur

Bottom line is that they are priced higher because people are willing to pay more. People pay more because they are swimming in plat like Scrooge McDuck. This is just fact. The questionable part is how so much plat came to be in the economy recently.
  5. iniari-TR Augur

being able to buy a krono , get the free AA's and revert back to silver will make the prices go even higher . :eek:
    Elricvonclief and Threefeet like this.
  6. Shimmerleaf Augur

Between decent plat rewards for HAs and Teek quests, and lots and lots of high value vendor trash, probably ten million or more plat enters each server every day. What is there really to spend it on that gets it out of the economy? Bazaar does not remove plat, it just transfers it to another player. Expect more and more plat to be in the economy and nothing to spend it on. Inflation is a sad fact of life in EQ.
    moogs likes this.
  7. moogs Augur

People still have a ton of plat banked from when they farmed Plague Rat Tails endlessly.
    Pirouette and Ducreux like this.
  8. Gragas Augur

Greed, pure and simple.
  9. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Because people still pay it.
  10. Dandin Augur

The market is going to fluctuate based on supply and demand.
    Besides. If your not comfortable with the price, don't pay it.

If enough people feel that way, the price will fall
  11. Bardy Elder

Plat levels in the game continue to grow. More plat is coming in then leaving the game, which causes inflation. After you use a Krono, it's gone from the game. They don't pile up like plat, they get removed when used, so supply stays in check. If you spend plat on something, it's simply changing hands, not leaving the game.

Now someone has to buy these Krono for about $18. If you have millions of PP sitting in your bank, are you going to buy a Krono with some or pay RL $ for your subscription? With Krono you have an item that has a real use/value, even if no one in the game wants to buy it. I bought about 30 of them and will hold onto them until I either need PP or use them for my subscription. If they were selling for 200-300k pp, I wouldn't think about selling them for plat, I would buy more. At 800k pp, I might consider it a decent price to sell them.

SoE loves the price being high on Krono, because it's more incentive for people to buy them. The whole point of Krono is to allow people a legal way to buy plat in game. Would you pay $18 for a Krono to sell for 300k?? Probably not, but you might buy some, if they you could sell them for 750k, 850k, 1M plat??
  12. Goth Augur

Remove No Trade from most group gear RoF and lower
    Make Marks of Valor Tradeable
    Make old raid currency tradeable

Sell/buy Krono on a vendor to remove plat from game. Adjust krono price based on smart vendor Code required.

problem solved.
  13. fransisco Augur

Kronos must enter the game through an exchange of real money. That is how sony pays the bills. They can't simply be sold off an NPC.

Making other things trade-able would do nothing to address the inflation problem.
  14. Kiillz Augur

Its as simple as you have 4 million pp in game that you in 3 lifetimes of EQ are NEVER gonna spend. Wouldnt you rather spend 500k on a Krono with PP that cost you nothing or spend $18 of your own money? its not really that hard a concept.