Why camp a epic mob when so called guild is going to come in and take your mob

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Frottage, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Drakkal Elder

My biggest question I have for these type of complaints......Why is it so important to do things in era on a time locked server?

It really doesn't make sense to race on this server, to always have to do things "in era". I am watching the guild I am in on my main fall apart because leadership can't figure this little thing out. Stop racing, stop getting all pissy because you cannot compete with 300lb+, diabetes having, waiting to have their first triple bi-pass surgery nerds. There is plenty to do in Kunark that does not involve racing to get your epic. Get your epic at a pace that doesn't drive you nutts from the competition of asshats, hell, wait and do it in Velious when those same tri-hards have moved on to piss off the next group of players that don't understand that this server WILL LOCK. In all honesty you don't need to wait until Velious, but seriously thinking you will not deal with this kind of thing two weeks into Kunark on a full server, is very unrealistic. Some people forget that back in the day, many players worked on their epics for several months.
  2. Phantom Ghost Augur

Parking lot equates to what character select? 3 people is pretty good. Especially considering black friday is now thursday through tuesday.
  3. AgentofChange Augur

lol, 3 people dead is pretty good? ok bud
  4. Phantom Ghost Augur

Compared to how many die per day when its not black friday over shopping, yea sounds pretty good. I got better odds of surviving black friday than I do spending an hour in Chicago.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  5. Febb Augur

Oh boy you're going to control how far back I can reference material? Your debating skills need some work. And people did go nuts over the tv's. Watch some video clips of and you'll see people grabbing tv's and knocking people in the head with them.
  6. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

For me, the analogy works because Black Friday is an event where people go through abnormal circumstances to obtain items (TV, towel, taint warmer, it doesn't matter) which are available any other day of the year without the pomp and circumstance. On Black Friday there is usually low supply, high demand simply due to marketing if we strip it down to its essence.

The Epic problems are the same. We can pretend it is somehow special if you like but, these same problems come up with everything that has low supply and high demand in this game. Everyone complaining about the problems can easily remove themselves from the situation and enjoy the game in other ways yet choose not to. Proclaiming that Daybreak needs to step in and change the Epics and/or control every 's bad behavior because you cannot wait any longer to obtain those pixels is not helping the situation nor will it prevent the same problems from occurring when it comes to the next must have item.

They have already offered to look into these situations when provided "evidence" but I suspect that process is too slow/cumbersome/ineffective for people as well. Daybreak is likely well aware that the negative experiences are going to be highlighted and discussed the most but they cannot really stop that. They probably look at these negative occurrences from a much calmer perspective and if they actually reach some critical mass, I am sure they will step in and save the EverQuest universe from its imminent collapse.
  7. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

I am thoroughly amused how this thread has evolved into a debate about Black Friday.
  8. Phantom Ghost Augur

I think a time frame would have cleared a lot up. Your statement is true several years ago. Your statement is wrong in recent times. I am not debating, you do not need to debate when a true statement vs a sometimes true statement. You stated a genreric statement which is not always true. I stated a specific statement that to date is accurate. So, yes referring a date would have made your statement more reasonable.
  9. xakanrn Augur

What people fail to see is this a nostalgia server.
    Remove the nostalgia and the server will die in matter of days
    So what is so wrong in increasing drop rate/spawn and removing bottlenecks and let people just have fun!
    Jaxarale01 likes this.