Why are LoN items still un-claimable?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Brentwoodbam, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Brentwoodbam New Member

There are many items I have available to claim, that I have been waiting for since classic to /claim and I am still left waiting. Is there any explanation as to why these are still not able to be claimed? I am referring to items which have no effect on gameplay, in particular. I have illusions that offer no statistical advantage available and am still unable to enjoy them. Any word on this?
  2. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

I would like to know the same
  3. Izcurly Augur

They're claimable, just not on progression servers.

Bottom line is either there isn't a way to selectively allow items based on era of origin, or if there is nobody has found time to selectively review and enable them.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

this is the progression forum, hence the question about progression.. there are some LoN cards u can claim right now.. so what the flag is that makes them claimable and unclaimable exsists... it just needs to be applyed to all the other items.
  5. Toquillaw Augur

I agree that this should be opened up a bit. They already have the mounts we can buy that give big HP/Mana boosts, so why not also add LoN items? Many are just cosmetic items, others are useful (mounts) but hardly game breaking.
  6. fastboy21 Augur

i'd assume (feel free to correct me devs/mods with real answers) that they flagged the LoN stuff that was unbalancing at launch....and have just never gotten around to revisiting which items should be unflagged at the current era of progression. imo, they should just open them all at this point. i'm not aware of anything game breaking that LoN would introduce at PoR era.
  7. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

I think you give them far to much credit, i think the items we can claim were just an oversight. And we shouldnt be able to claim anything.. Also there are afew items that would be game braking, there is items u can claim with heroic stats, as well as the raid zone you can claim. Both wich have gear far better then anything we can get atm.. i think there is a total of maybe 5-6 items they'd have to turn off.. the poison clickie fang to name another. i think there is 2 or 3 peices of gear, the key to the zone. Still tho shouldnt be much effort to flag those few items that are OP with whatever is blocking them now and let us have at the others.
  8. oisjafoij Augur

heroic stats don't work on progression servers, just ask all the folks who bought the food/drink from loyalty vendors.
  9. BROLI New Member

I can confirm that heroic stats don't work. Easy for anyone here to test just try to turn on heroic tribute.
  10. oisjafoij Augur

Like many posts here none of us are expecting a reply or action but it would be nice not to have to shill out USD to the marketplace when lots of people have spent $$ on LoN packs and would love to claim the items that are similar or worse like the mounts.
  11. Snitch New Member

Good question. I was hoping Piestro would let us know. He mentioned bringing it up to the developers over a month and a half ago. He said nothing was decided. I kinda wonder if that means we are out of luck.
  12. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The answer is rather simple:
    EverQuest: Prophecy of Ro - February 21, 2006
    EverQuest: The Serpent's Spine - September 19, 2006
    EverQuest: The Buried Sea - February 13, 2007
    Legends of Norrath : Oathbound - September 5(in EQ/EQII) & 12(stand alone), 2007
    EverQuest: Secrets of Faydwer - November 13, 2007
    So the reason why you can't /claim the LoN claims is because they are not in this era.
  13. Toquillaw Augur

There are many things we can get that are "not in this era".

Apparently some monk from Tunare has a strong opinion about stuff.
  14. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

No, I just know that the Dev's with very rare exception have tied the unlocking of things like LoN items with the expansions which they were introduced during. So since LoN came out between TBS and SoF you should not expect the associated items to be unlocked until then.
  15. Badname2234 New Member

The problem we have on Fippy in and around these loot cards is the lack of any real logical reasoning on this subject. Example, I can claim a mastruq illusion from the most current LoN release but not one from 4 years ago. When you argue we shouldn't have loot cards claimable because they're out of era some sort of logic should be used to reconcile all the already claimed out of era things.
    I can wait for the release. I use the cards more as a way to shift plat between servers than for the loot itself anyway.
  16. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The most recent expansions items are likely not flagged properly and them being claimable a bug or oversight due to them being released after the progression server started.
  17. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

You are off the mark Xainzu, There is no logic behind what can, and cannot be claimed on the TLP's. Soe is a buisness about making money, By not opening up more of the LoN cards to be claimed they are only cutting their own revenue short.
  18. Toquillaw Augur

Yeah, they unlocked the mounts when we were buying them from the marketplace and even repeated the offer. I am fine with that, but then why not let more items show up as well? Even things like the large size collection bag are not game breaking at all, since it is limited to collection items and nobody is taking down bigger mobs because of that sort of "power" boost.

It's just something more than was available at the time, when there are many things more available now than at the time of the expansion releases and the game in general is different. Some were to our advantage, some not. I would rather they let more of these little things into the game so we can buy from the store while doubling (or more) the hit-points of all mobs. The doubling of hitpoints might be do-able with only a small amount of development, since it could be implemented as a mitigation of damage by half or some such existing mechanism (ie add a global modifier).

Since the game is inherently different than it was and there is no going back, we may as well embrace it, add to it, and yet also make it harder to balance the perks.