Why am I being harassed for boxing?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Champ, May 25, 2017.

1. Champ Lorekeeper

Why am I being harassed for boxing? This is a 'True Box' server, correct? I am using six different laptops, not bothering anyone else and certainly not KS'g which is actually legal now. Are these guys totally new to DBG's TLP's?

There is this guy in GFay looking for a group for at least a hour and a half, and he is harassing me for boxing in /ooc. Guess who has a group?
  2. AgentofChange Augur

Why does the wind blow? Why is the sky blue? Why do people put pineapple on pizza?
    Jaxinthebox likes this.
  3. taliefer Augur

2 of these are natural occurrences. the other is an abomination against nature and should never be done
  4. Dilf Augur

Poor p99'ers who don't like boxing trying to force their views upon everyone. :(
  5. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Don't worry some people will harass no matter the reason.
    Champ likes this.
  6. Champ Lorekeeper

Now he's claiming all boxers are being banned very quickly. He's going around saying 'Reported for boxing', and getting others to do it. Phinny wasn't this bad when it was released. I think these guys really are from P99.
  7. Amoeba Augur

Many people that return for TLP servers typically like to recreate the old feeling of needing to group together. Your play style is contrary to that.

I prefer people limit their boxing to just 2 characters and group up with others. I love grouping with people that dual box as they can do really well.

But, free country. Enjoy yourself and have fun. Don't let others distract you. :)
    nirriri and OssOr like this.
  8. Aurastrider Augur

I logged in last night just for the hell of it and the /ooc was getting blown up with people complaining and saying report this guy or that guy. I think once the population spreads out as everyone levels and people are not stuck in the newbie yards it should calm down a bit. I would just add each person to your ignore list. In the future they might be asking your for advice or help and well..... no response =)
    nirriri likes this.
  9. Gemini Syringes Augur

6 boxer not training, not steamrolling and not bothering other people? You are just another group at another camp to me. Carry on.
  10. Kabama New Member

Second this. I don't have to know it is one guy behind six laptops. I could assume it is some weird subculture that uses a token ring like system for thinking and talking.

On the other hand having bleeding heart boxers looking for sympathy on the forums is kind of seedy to say the least.

-Kabama
  11. Stigmas Elder

Yeah, some of you boxers are pretty fishy. Are you telling me you are hitting six different buttons to have all six of your pets attack at the same time? Anything else is a cheat.
    Son of a... likes this.
  12. Sdoofbuc Augur

The whole point of Agnarr was to get people who play p99 to come pay to play EQ. New sources of revenue for DBG. Locking the server at PoP was smart and did just what they wanted.

Now all the p99 players came to this server expecting a p99 server locked at PoP. It's not. It's a DBG server locked at PoP. Now they are angry about it.
  13. ChangedName Lorekeeper

I never read this anywhere. DBG could have restricted this server to one account per IP, but they didn't. DBG doesn't owe P99 anything.
  14. Machentoo Augur

They should suspend people for frivolous reporting.
  15. Leftharted Elder

I'm personally against boxing; but (assuming true box) it is indeed legal, and I don't pester anyone practicing this..

But, I think both parties could have handled it better..

Next time, report them for harassment and /ignore them on all of your accounts... Move on with your game time.. He should have done the same, but sounds like he's at fault for trying to be police when he isn't..

Just my 2c. To each their own, IMO
    nirriri likes this.
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This is why he is still lfg for an hour, his attitude sucks and no one wants him. Some people cannot come to grips with the fact that they are less of a player than my other hand at the keyboard.
    Ming Tee likes this.
  17. fragtasmo New Member

I personally have never understood boxing, even way back when. I think for a game that is meant to be highly social it hurts the community in the long run. That being said, if you really want to pay 90 dollars a month to play a multiplayer game by yourself, more power to you. I think in this particular instance when there are queues and the server is staying very full, it makes people extra salty knowing they are behind in line because one person is taking up six different spots.
    nirriri likes this.
  18. Groans Augur

I am just more surprised an experienced player is even bothered by being trolled, who cares about that guy man. I box one account myself and would just ignore and move on. Boxing 6 means you probably have been around, is this even noteworthy?
  19. Vandross Lorekeeper

Running 6 accounts, haven't had any problems yet! :) Yes I use 6 different computers. and Yes, I am expecting some boxer hate but haven't run into any yet.
  20. nagash101 Augur

The whole point WAS NOT to get p99 folks to come over to Agnarr.