Who else lost characters?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Yarou, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Yarou New Member

I camped three accounts out in the same spot last night (Phinigel server). Went to bed.

Woke up with computers back at the login screen and the server has timed out message. Apparently from a server crash. I load all 3 up. My new and third account had a new warrior and a bazaar alt -- both removed from the account.

Heard someone in general say his friend lost a character on his account too. This definitely seems tied in with the server crash. Who else has lost characters?

DBG Please take note and fix this issue ASAP.
  2. Behee Augur

This is an issue which has been happening for months now, people constantly having their characters deleted and restored only to be deleted again.

Lots of database issues since they migrated, and they seem to be painfully slow about fixes.
  3. kthehammy Elder

i think this is the 1st time it has happened on phinny. It has been happening to people on all the other live servers. it really sucks. maybe now that the issue is happening on phinny they will actually do something about it. Servers are crashing every 3 days now like clockwork and the new expac is supposed to go live next week....they havent said about the constant server crashes but they have deleted threads regarding them so they are at least somewhat aware.
  4. Behee Augur

Test has been very unstable lately, and Beta crashed recently too as I recall. So the stability fixes appear to be be elusive, they are probably not at all obvious to find and we might be facing a very unstable launch next week. It all depends on whether the executive decision is "well, release the expansion see what happens, then find and fix problems at that time". You know, the usual executive decision. :p
  5. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

This many expansions in, this many variety severs and the team being a skeleton crew you can't expect much.... Plus I hardly think they care anymore
  6. Lithien Journeyman

Lost my level 1 character on another account that was set up as offline buyer when the server crashed and the rollback hit.
  7. MelodiousPie New Member

I just lost my level 14 Enchanter. I was playing him last night, and shopping in the Bazaar. Ended up camping him in the Bazaar at 0200 EST and came on this morning to find him completely gone. He was my only character so this really sucks ... relatively new character, but not a new account.

If you had your char in the Bazaar as well maybe the connection would be the Bazaar zone &/OR being a newer character.
    I've petitioned and really hope Daybreak can help out here, I really want to continue playing EQ.
  8. Lithien Journeyman

Just for the record then, my lvl 1 was created 6 days ago (and the account had been resubbed for as many days), was the only character created so far on Phinny and yes, was in baz for the rollback.
  9. Yarou New Member

Expect much? If your characters are being deleted you literally can not play the game the way it was intended to be played.
  10. Tvarian Augur

Is that because Phinny players are somehow "special"?
  11. King Dedede Elder

I am 100% sure they don't care... If you are looking for a quality product, along with good customer service... you are at the wrong place.
  12. Arrissing New Member

Mine has just gone missing too!
  13. King Dedede Elder

The sound of DBG

[IMG]
  14. sithlord New Member

Ditto missing a toon on my account as well.
  15. Phati Elder

Missing 3 characters on 2 different accounts. Oddly, a character I made most recently is still there.
  16. Arrissing New Member

Anyone got their characters back?ivenot heard anything from support thus far
  17. Yarou New Member

Got a reply that a fix is being worked on, but no ETA is available. Just happy to get a response.
    Lithien likes this.
  18. Machen New Member

Not having your characters randomly deleted in a game that is all about character development seems like one of the very most important things anyone should be able to expect or ask for. At least if they want to have any paying customers left at all.
  19. sithlord New Member

3 days, two tickets submitted and a "bug" report to the "dev" site ... and still not even a reply ...
  20. MelodiousPie New Member

I got my character back the other night, logged in to see him there . Had received an update to my ticket 24 hours saying a fix was being worked on. I'm just happy I got my char back and I'm never logging out in the bazaar again.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.