Who decided to make Corathus Deep a hot zone?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Coldmouth, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Necromonious Augur

I loved every minute of it, risk creates excitement
  2. BoomWalker Augur

Easy there...no need to call names...'boy' is so insulting. Still, not sure this is a bug....why is it a bug exactly? Did you dispel it?

Clearly, the issue is that the mob is not as easy as folks want it to be...so it is a bug...and the demand that someone has to dispel it is too much of a challenge. How did people dispel mobs before LAAs....NO WAY..not possible.

Also, where does it say anything about a failure to read on your part? You simply didn't bother reading the page that you copied that other stuff from...since you failed to include that quote as well...
  3. SyDiko Augur

I'm with you all the way on that one!
  4. Potawatomi Augur

It isn't bugged. You found out it needed to be dispelled. Move on.
  5. Darzag Elder

Hot zones come and hot zones go. Some are easy...some are difficult or worse. It has always been this way with hot zones. Some you like, some you don't. Just the way it is.
  6. duo13 Elder

the best part people camping the dailys in the hot zone...
  7. Fluid Augur

There's more then the Sporali that cause trouble in CC. A least one clockwork is an undercon 'special' that is aggressive. Someone trained it to the zone line when they couldn't handle it and just about killed my character in a hit or two. Level 70 sounds about right. Someone brought in an alt to kill it.
  8. Mindra New Member

I enter CC to do dailies starting at level 46.
    SoE doesn't really concider factions when deciding what to put in the daily quests and this zone is a place where this causes trouble.
    So if you do the daily which requires you kill rats and spiders then you'll start to mess up your faction with all of the clockworks near the zi (if you check before doing any killing you'll see that you start non KoS here). Mobs on this faction include quest npc's, merchants and bankers, so I wasn't playing during DoD, but I assume these mobs weren't meant to be killed, and some of these npc's may indeed assist the rats and spiders even if you're not yet KoS.

As far as the sporali's are concerned, yes it seems that the defenders at least have a massive regen buff on them. To say a lvl 70+ is needed to kill them is an exageration though. My level 55 warrior just got one down to running today (then got gobs of adds because it took too long to finish off [but I survived the train long enough to finish it off and run to the zone, in nothing but intricate defiant armor!]). Now this was with spider's bite poison and NToV weapons (but only an apprentice merc), but with a dps class and snarer it really would have been gravy even at a lower level.
    The thing is I'd killed these guys many times before, I had just forgotten to bring a crystallized pumice with me today, and once you get them dispelled they're just some lvl 49 or 50 mob, albiet with a good amount of hp's, but still very very killable.
    The rejuvinators are also a little bit of a pain because they have a quick cast complete heal that they can cast 5 or so times before they run oom, but then they die pretty quick once they do.

So the sporalies and crawler/scrapers I really only suggest killing for dailies, and you do have to be careful, but not daunted.

I haven't had any trouble with the mindspores although they're also on a ruinable faction, if you don't care then the ones near undershore zi might be a good option for regular hunting.

The creep reaper camp seems like a very viable place to pull just because, and these probably should've been the only mobs on daily tasks (but instead they're one of three types that aren't). But other mobs don't assist them and it's not so hard to only pull one or two away from the camp, killing them will also up the factions that the daily quests will have you lower (and having max faction with them, you'll still be KoS so not an important faction). If you want to try regular hunting in this zone these are the guys to pull.

But yes mobs here do have a good amount of hp's, so if your tank merc is your DPS you might be better off looking for an older and lower level zone.

Mobs here are social, do heal and run, are on varying factions... it's not the only zone in the game like this, and hey! I haven't found a gater yet so it could be worse (and most real dungeons are); but there are very few zones in the game that don't have one or more or these factors, so, for instance with my warrior I have found very specific pull spots where I can kill most runners from before they reach adds;
    if you don't have the patience to find similar ways of dealing with them or you're really just unable to, then you need to find a good wide open outdoor zone or a group.

I only mean for this post to be helpful so try the zone out again with this info in mind, EQ is primarily a numbers game; but there's also a fair amount of analyzing that can really really go a long way toward making more possible..., never just pull and autoattack (or send your tank merc to kill for you) and call it good. Anyway I'm going to go digest all of this coffee I've had before I talk more.
  9. Trakkkkkk Lorekeeper

A level 55 trash mob with level ~140 shaman regen is in fact bugged.. Nowhere in this games history should an overpowered Journey merc be out-regened by a low level trash mob. I moved on after 10 minutes of being there.

Move out
  10. Potawatomi Augur

And with a minimal amount of research, the first post says to dispell. Mob's having to be dispelled, being run speed immune, etc is not what i would consider bugged. To each their own then.
  11. Mithrandyr Augur

This whole expansion was tough when it was current. The sporalis regen and heal and take forever to kill. The werewolves complete heal, have perfect spell casting (no interupts, only delays - stun just adds to the cast time), and gate on you. At certain levels some of these mobs could not be killed because you could not interrupt and didn't have more dps than their healing/regen.
  12. Tharrg Augur

Yeah I came to this zone in 70's to explore it.. since I had never been there. I found out quick that these zones from this expanison are a pain in the butt. Try Stoneroot Falls... you want a zone full of Crap... that is the zone for you. The aggros and horrid pathing make this zone deadly enough. THen add the massive HP/spells and other mechanics this zone becomes simply a death trap...
  13. Borek-VS Augur

You should really try Ruins of Illsalin.
    Potawatomi likes this.