Whirligig Flyer Control Device - Oh how I hate thee..

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Eanelder, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Eanelder Augur

The noise of the Whirligig Flyer mount irks me to no end, to the point where I don't
    understand how anyone can use it [Insert "EQ has sound?!?" joke here] , or tolerate it. I complain about about it ALOT (sorry guildies), to the point were I'm probably just as annoying as the copter itself.

I figure perhaps I am bugged, or maybe a little crazy. So, I thought I would share what I hear on a typical raid night and see if its just me, or if everyone is hearing the same thing i am.

Link to Audio (video):
    http://tinypic.com/r/2m7vtaf/9

I have taken to replacing my audio file in the sounds directory every time I patch to avoid it, but seriously ... WHY does it exist?!?!

Dzarn, Yimin, Kongfoo and 2 others like this.
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Because a large portion of the players actually play with the sounds turned off.
    Yinla, DruidCT, Lanadili and 3 others like this.
  3. Eanelder Augur

I would then have to ask way waste time and effort creating such sounds? Or are we suggesting that the annoying sounds are why people turn the sound off altogether?
  4. Iila Augur

There might be a huge gap between the understanding of the people who actually play EverQuest, and the devs that make content for EverQuest.
    Vrinda, Littlelegs, Smokezz and 12 others like this.
  5. Faana Augur

I love my whirlygig. I keep environmental sounds at 5% unless I'm in the courtyard of Sanctum Somnium.
  6. Axxius Augur

Poor Ean! You are probably the only one in the guild who plays with sound on. Hope you replaced that wav file with something like a cat purring? :)
    Lanadili, MrMajestykx and Leex like this.
  7. Dreamrider Elder

Faana likes this.
  8. Maedhros High King

I hate the whirlygig sound only about 1% less than the freakin chetari illusion squeeks.
    Yimin, Vrinda and Elricvonclief like this.
  9. Thraine Augur

I agree with Ean, the jet pack thing is stupid, i mean we all use swords and magic yet there are people with jet packs?? even here in the year 2016 we cant even make a working jetpack .. whats next? 1969 camaro mount?
    JupiterKnight and Xikteny like this.
  10. MrMajestykx Augur

UMMM....I ll take a camaro mount....maybe a 67 Shelby GT500 one too?
  11. Thraine Augur

why not, we got jet packs! muscle cars are simple in design compared to those lag inducing, obnoxious sounding whirlygags
  12. JupiterKnight Journeyman

Where do I sign up???
  13. Shallizar Lorekeeper

I have asked a couple times during beta and such for a /mountsound off command hehe. I use the jetpack with sound on and I have just gotten use to ignoring it. When I first got it, I was like how can anyone use one of these with the constant static sound.
  14. Silv Augur

It's getting really old for people to just keep repeating this over and over and over, especially when it isn't true. :rolleyes:
    Vrinda, Jhenna_BB, Taiqwon and 2 others like this.
  15. Dre. Altoholic

I prefer the boss nine. And let's not forget Mopar.
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  16. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

The Chetari mouse squeak made it the greatest raiding illusion/shrink ever. Just sayin!
    Iila likes this.
  17. Grummy_NB Augur

add
    /mountsound off
    /petsound off
    /familiarsound off
    Vrinda, Yinla, Dreamrider and 2 others like this.
  18. segap Augur

And /hidemounts . I with they had never added those things. And with each new one, they get even more annoying.
  19. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Because you don't want it to be?

Do you play with 100% particle effects turned on for everything too?
  20. Silv Augur

That doesn't even make sense?

Do you have those magic statistics of which % of the player base utilize sound or not? Your original comment said the majority of people don't use sound. Many people do. So please explain to me how I was wrong in saying as much.

And no, I do not utilize full visual effects but unlike sound, I have about 20 different options for those.