Which TLP server for newbie

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Graodann, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Triconix Augur

Plus it has that "classic" EQ feel that so many argue was lost after Luclin. Very DND atmosphere, more classic type mobs and zones, expansion of older lore, etc. Plus most of the zones are beautiful and the raids quite enjoyable.
  2. MMOer Augur

What amazes me is there are enough buyers to support the sellers.

I mean, really? Its so ez to make krono. I barely try and end up with 20 or 30 extra per TLP.

The ONLY way I can see there being a market is for people that just want to come in and buy all the best for a few hundo... are there really that many of them out there? I mean, I guess the TLP feed the live servers were Krono are worth a lot but it just shocks me there is such a demand to keep that bot farm running 24/7

3. Bentbard Journeyman

As someone who recently returned, and decided on Mangler to get closer to expansions I hadn't done yet, I can tell you it's pretty difficult to get rolling there. It's actually so difficult, each day I've contemplated leaving it. Once it gets mercs, it won't be such a problem, but right now it's pretty tough if you don't box or get a lot of help.

For example I've been trying to form a group, or find a group for 6 hours straight at the time of writing this. Even at peak hours I can't get it together. It's tough stuff.
  4. Zapsos Augur

For comparison I joined Aradune, and less than 3 weeks later I was max level and had started raiding.
  5. Bentbard Journeyman

On aradune that's a low bar tbh, on Mangler you have a ton more things to flag for, progress, AAs, epics, etc.
  6. Zapsos Augur

Oh I fully agree, I just didn't want people to think that "catching up" was a near impossible hurdle everywhere.
  7. RABKkehhalla Elder

You should probably wait for the FV pvp server that is due to release in 2 months.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

It's Free To Play.
  9. ExecutionDbl9 Druid / Shadow Knight / Necromancer

I, too, have wondered which TLP would be best for me. I ended up going with Aradune for 3 reasons:

1. It's the newest one, therefore it has the longest lifespan ahead of it of the current servers, and will have a better spread of players across various levels.

2. It's True Box, so only 1 character per computer.

3. From what I can tell, it has a larger population than Rizlona.

I'm still not entirely sure what server will provide the best experience for me and what I am looking for, but I am enjoying my time on Aradune so far.

During my OG EverQuest times, I really just did zone leveling, either solo or with small groups, I never reached end game, so I never did raids or any end game content or anything like that. Honestly, I think I only got to around level 20. Coming back to EQ, that's really all I'm looking to do is go back to the old days, *not* start in Crescent Reach, and relive the old days of zone leveling in places like Blackburrow, Commonlands, Karana, Oasis, sometimes solo, sometimes with groups, level up through some more difficult zones, do the Qeynos to Freeport run, travel and explore the world and the different zones. I'm not sure how much of that I could do on a live server, at least while having anybody at my level to group with, so I chose a TLP. So far, it's been a fun ride. I will probably move over to the new TLP server when they launch, whenever that is.