Which server is going to kill the Sleeper?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by sihpa, Jun 5, 2015.

1. sihpa Augur

Follow up question - What single account class should I make to help the most? Mage? Necro? Cleric?
  2. Mezrah Augur

Neither of them, the sleeper will woken on both as soon as possible in order to start the clock ticking to luclin unlocking.
  3. Kolani Augur

Neither, and of the three you listed, only one had a positive effect in the Sleeper kill on Rallos Zek other than rezzing, that being the mage. Sleeper will be unkillable in era with available gear, and his regen won't be be broken like it was when Zek killed him. There's a lot of misconceptions about The Sleeper kill that a lot of people aren't aware of.
  4. Tiffy31 Elder

Fixed
  5. Bumamgar Journeyman

Sleeper isn't required to unlock Luclin...
  6. Kolani Augur

He was on the last set of progression servers.
  7. Jadefox Augur

I think Fippy and Vulak killed the Sleeper server long ago...

--Jade misreading posts since the '90's.
  8. sihpa Augur

How can we get it done then? How many bodies and what classes are optimal? Engagement happens outside the Sleepers Tomb? Why is he unkillable in Velious era gear? If he's not on the unlock req's to reach Luclin it would be cool if one of the servers would try to keep him alive until enough have geared up in PoP or w/e to give it a good attempt?

It could be epic.
  9. Mezrah Augur

It was on Fippy, no idea for these set of TLP's.
  10. Diemond Augur

Actually Sleeper was merged into Combine, then they were merged in Xegony. :p
  11. Jadefox Augur

So that's where it went !!
    I played on Combine until I got new deployment orders. By the time I got settled again, I found myself a civilian with a new degree and career and also found that my server was gone.
    I always wondered...

--Jadefox there too
    Fallfyres and Elkay like this.
  12. Kolani Augur

(1) The encounter takes place in the very bottom of Sleeper's Tomb, not bindable iirc and not a quick run from zonein.
    (2) One of the little known facts about the Sleeper kill is that Resolution of Firiona Vie also made an attempt at the Sleeper a week before Zek did. Upon getting him to 90% faster than they expected, they determined the regen was broken and contacted a GM to petition for reset. Word had leaked out that the regen was broken when Zek made their attempt.
    (3) Most of the damage was done by rangers, mages and wizards, and here's one of the key things, with damage boosted by AA abilities. Everyone else was cannon fodder to keep Kerafyrm off the rezzers and the damage dealers.

For a general comparison, I killed The Sleeper the last time Dragons, Dragons, Dragons was up. With 140+ damage weapons in both hands, shaman buffs, max aa for Call of the Forsaken, 50% haste and 16% overhaste, using Bosquestalker's Discipline twice over the course of the fight, it still took me over a half hour to kill the inactive mob, which has the same hp and regen as the wakened. I'll see if I still have that parse and pull it when I get home. Now, try that with 13 damage weapons.
  13. Elkay Augur

Yep, I'm on Xegony and if not much changes, will probably end up back there.. or EQ2.. or another game. Jury's still out.
  14. Jadefox Augur

I'm originally from FV.
    That's a place I won't return to even if the bottom drops out of RF.
    I don't think that they can change these servers enough to deal with the changes made there.
    That place did the full Detroit Experience. It went from an interesting cultural filled and RP dominated environment to the chop-shop of EQ.

--Jaded Jade
    Fallfyres likes this.
  15. Diemond Augur

Yep, I forget which expansion they merged the two, but once Combine caught up to live they threw us in with live.
  16. Oberan Elder

GM's watched us kill sleeper on Rallos Zek (on both attempts). There was nothing broken about him (other than the ego's of the devs which caused them to panic and despawn him on the first attempt). Just because they later decided that the regen was not up to their liking does not make it broken. They even had it posted in the official EverQuest news feed for years without a single mention of regen. It was a legit kill and we got a GameWide congratulations for our kill on Rallos Zek (not Zek).

The reason we went after Kerafyrm on Rallos was not because of some rumors of broken regeneration. It was because we left him up far long enough to farm pretty much everything we needed and a deviant faction was attempting to wake him up. We stopped their attempt at killing the warders and did our kill a few days later.
  17. Kolani Augur

I'm pretty sure that the RZ attempt, as well as the FV attempt, was because they had previously announced that he was going to be awakened automatically in the upcoming patch to push Kerafyrm's Lair to live servers.
  18. Teren_Kanan Elder

I'm pretty sure Oberon was there, as was I.

We woke the sleeper because Darkenbane was threatening to wake it, no other reason. They were a bottom feed pk guild 2 eras behind raid wise.

We didn't even plan to kill the sleeper, only wake it. We simply wanted to attack it and die trying as we assumed it would mop the floor with us. We were surprised to discover a chsin rez zerg as actually working.

There was nothing exploited. Gms despawned it because they thought there was, then after confirming it was working as intended respawned it to allow another attempt. We got AA points based on the amount of times we died during the fight as a reward, and s game wide message.

Eq still posts about the kill from time to time on their FB page.
  19. sihpa Augur

Its a little wild to me that we're now on TLP 5 and 6 currently and the sleepers never been taken out before.. I suppose RF has the mentality to achieve this? Perhaps the competition minded people could come to a compromise on this? LJ is pretty casual so idk which environment would support this better.

I've got a cleric on both servers regardless so guess we'll see ^.^
  20. Tidomann New Member

Most likely, somebody is going to roll a ton of mages and spawn the sleeper much faster than any population can organize a force large enough to kill the sleeper.