where to play?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by FL!P, Jan 11, 2019.

1. FL!P Augur

Hey guys, looking to try and get a fix on my EQ addiction. Have not played in a while and looking to play again. Any suggestions on which server to settle on? I would like to see stuff beyond PoP and phinigal is pretty far into it, and the lvls would be easy to catch up but AAs seem like a nightmare to maintain on a progression that unlocks to fast. While live servers seem so hard to figure out what's going on now, nevertheless try to catch up to ppl. Considering ragefire, but just not sure. Just curious as to where some of the chill people are playing at, not looking to spend 16 hours a day to be server first, but I do put time in.

I guess the second part to that is, if I play on a live server do i really have to box? I always hated boxing. any feedback is greatly appreciated!
  2. FL!P Augur

eh guess it was a hard question to answer anyway. was worth a shot.
  3. FL!P Augur

i guess the better question would be, where do you play and why? what servers draws you to it, and what makes you stay/enjoy it.
  4. Balegrim New Member

I just came back after a 15 year hiatus and my suggestion is to simply dive right in. I contemplated the same questions as you upon returning but then decided to join FV because it has the strongest population and leveling/gearing mechanics (according to research). Either way, progression servers are driven mostly by players who are already know how to push content so you’ll very quickly end up in over your head at some point anyways (which seems to be your experience, as well). My advice is to embrace learning what you don’t know and don’t worry too much about catching up. The mystery and whimsy is what makes EQ fun.
  5. FL!P Augur

thanks for the feedback balegrim. i went with a character on bristlebane. it was the first server i ever rolled on, so i guess, why not try it again lol.
  6. Balegrim New Member

My pleasure. Hope I could help. I have been told Bristlebane is also a very good server to join. Good luck on your adventures!
  7. Herodotus Augur

Welcome to the server. We have our share of "poor unfortunate souls", but we also have a good group of helpful people there. Enjoy!
  8. Ultrazen Augur

I'd roll a character on Phin. Easy to catch up, as they just unlocked mercs. Only SoD now so level 85, can auto grant AA to that point if you like. Phin is pretty lively right now, lot's of great people around, and you will certainly be more likely to get into grouping with people earlier than you would on a live server.
  9. AWPS123 New Member

I just started a new box group on bristle. shoot me a message if you see me online.

Vahlour / Russano or Damsuic
  10. Parkers Journeyman

Cazic-Thule has been fun for me. Restarted toons there. No you do not have to Box on live to progress.
  11. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I think a couple heroics in any type of two box would be fun. You'd have to read up a bit and mesh what you know and remember from before when you played vs. now. I know an 85 heroic SK and shaman out of the box are good enough for heroic adventures in dead hills. Those are nice little "set peice"(same everytime) adventures where you can "feel out" new spell lines etc.