Where to go for xp at 76 (3 boxing)

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Vaxpo, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Vaxpo Elder

I am boxing a mage/chanter/wizard and am not sure where to go for xp now. I was doing oceangreen hills the treants area until 76 but they have turned blue now and do not give much xp anymore.

I use my mercs, tank/rogue/cleric in my group as well.
  2. moogs Augur

Depending on what you can handle, these are all level appropriate...

Direwind
    Loping Plains - worgs (repeatable kill 20 task from Tyrinam), Fenden Helter quests in Dragonscale Hills
    Valdeholm pit, Frostcrypt, Ashengate
    The Buried Sea / Thalassius
  3. uk6999 Augur

Starting around 75/80 you will get the best experience doing dailys and/or HAs. HAs require you to purchase the latest xpac based on my experience. Once you finish your daily's and you are up for the run Hills of Shade is ok or Looping Plains. If you are into old world stuff and can mass pull you can get ok xp from Infected Paw until 80/82. Obviously it really slows down after 75 but i could generate faster xp pulling most of the zone with my monk ( with a shaman boxed ) than killing singles in LP or HoS.
  4. Roxxanna Augur

I was in Doomfire camp 2 at that level, fun place.
  5. Vaxpo Elder

I have been killing the crocs on the beach in loping planes. I am level 77 now and they are still yellow but xp seems to be really slow. Like 10 percent xp in a couple hours slow. Is this common? At this rate it is going to take me the rest of the year to reach 105...
  6. Borek-VS Augur

Go do the Franklin Teek daily quests, you'll get much more experience that way. Also consider the Heroic Adventures if you have more time to spend. Grinding isn't very effective from about 80 up. There are places to go with your full group, like MG/Beza/Zeka, but you'll need to switch to HA/daily soon.
  7. Vaxpo Elder

I tried to get an HA today. The person said I needed more experience and wouldn't give me anything. Not sure what I did wrong. All three of my chars are level 77.
  8. Rykard Augur

Vaxpo,

I can not say what happened on the HA. From the forums, COTF HAs scale to 75. Since he stated you needed more experience, he may have been much higher in level meaning the scaling would not have worked well.

Rykard
  9. Rykard Augur

I have two suggestions.

1. Drop your mercs and use the Mage pet as a tank. You cut out the experience loss from the mercs giving it to your players.

2. Continue doing dailies and add in visits to hot zones in your range which I believe would be Hills of shade.

On another note, the paragon armor Hero journey achievements give pretty decent armor. You could do the lines to up the experience in OGH, OGV, and other SOD zones.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=5583

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=5584

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=5585

Complete all the hero journey lines and, you maybe able to do some harder zones for better experience.

Rykard
  10. matouoli Elder

once you get used to box , mage . chanter , wiz will just destroy anything.
    don't use a tank merc ;) ..

mage pet as tank , one healer merc and 2 caster mercs will be your best go , specially if you get a decent earring for mage ( pet focus ).

any of your toons all access ? with that 3 box , later you will be able to kill nameds who can drop good selling items , specially when you reach level 92 with good armors upgrade and EM 12 pet earring .

you will see anyway , for now, if one healer merc is not enough, use 2 healer mercs and one caster.

good luck , with that boxing set up ( casters are much easier to box , specially when you got a mage pet to tank )

at higher level you will be able to sell items and buy some kronos , if you planning to go to max level ( 105 atm )..

when you get level 86 ( for both level 90 dailies in the ground and valley ) xp will start to fly..
  11. Sebbina Augur

Gaining XP is often a calculation, regarding having mercs in a group of 3 or going without them to stop sharing. Consider killing 3 mobs worth 100 each for total 300 the calc would be 300 plus 40% for 3 in group to = 420 /3 makes for 140 XP per character (concept only) If one has 3 mercs up and is able to kill 5 mobs in the same time and reduce the risk of death the mobs would produce 500 +40% to = 700/5 to get 140 XP per character. Low level characters (level 1- 30 mayhap to 60 or so) the use of a healer that adds no DPS is usually discouraged as the tank auto gears and skills up and is able to provide noticeable DPS against mobs to increase kill rate and justify players getting half the XP from kills.
    Do note my original understanding was that mercs counted as players for XP calcs, and that 5 or 6 in grp of players and mercs would add 80% to mob value divided by 5 to provide 36% of mob per grp member. Still, using the hired servants is situational, and there is also the value of gaining merc AA to improve them in case one wants to use them at higher levels.
  12. Vaxpo Elder

All of my accounts have all access. They are all wearing elegant gear atm. Taking out the tank and rogue made xp go a bit faster. The pet tanks fine at this level doing wereorcs and worgs in loping plains