Where to go by lvl 60 ?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Venur, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Venur Lorekeeper

undershore is the lvl 60 hotzone but mobs hit like a truck and have so many HP that it force my mage to use the cleric merc. Killing take forever that way and the EXP seems low.

I've tried grieg end but the EXP is even slower despite the fact drop down like fly.
  2. So Sorry Journeyman

I'm lvl 59 and have been in the Bloodfields. I'm finding a lot of blue to lt blues that I can molo with my tank merc. The Xp is alright, I've been in zones where it's been a LOT faster. But it's fairly safe (I'm a monk) and the mobs drop fairly quickly.
  3. TarewMarrForever Augur

When it was a hot-zone Goru'kar Mesa (sp) was awesome at that level for farming AA's solo without a merc, or at level 50 with healer merc. Even without the hotzone flag it's pretty still decent. Look to the deep part of the zone near the giants, snakes and to a lesser extent the centaurs.
  4. Sebbina Augur

Kunark mobs are a lot easier to handle -lower DPS and HP- sebilis is a bit low at 59, but Droga might be doable mobs if you start at zone and work your way in, (mobs top out at 60/61). I usually recommend a tank merc until 65, but, the option is yours, and the trash run when low so probably an earth pet is better. Droga would provide decent XP until 65 and allow for AA buildup, pet affinity etc.
  5. Borek-VS Augur

You might get some ideas from this old post of mine: http://www.paullynch.org/eqblog/?p=364 (Levelling Zones for 55). Ignore the exact exp numbers, as they have all been boosted considerably since then.
  6. Lizzarn_01 Journeyman

The Hole would be perfect at that level. Grab some pet gear from bazaar, and head down there.
    Sebilis would be decent with your merc.
    Healer mercs are not always the best merc. Rogues can help you kill faster, and you can heal your pet. At level 60 I see no reason why you'd need a healer merc.

Don't bother with bloodfields or undershore. Both a crap. I know this isn't popular, but I don't believe in a hot zone tag. I don't think they boost XP. Plane of Air is less XP than Plane of Fire. Undershore is less than almost any other zone. Only explanation is that the tag is bogus.
  7. Dre. Altoholic

Rogue merc will be tanking in that case. NPC's ignore pets if there is a player or merc in melee range. OP could go with the damage caster and pet tank, but at those levels a tank merc is the way to go.
  8. CrazyLarth Augur

due the hot zone quests to kill 5 mobs