Where to find an updated Ranger guide with AA priority?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Lil_cal, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Lil_cal New Member

Just hit 115 recently on my ranger. I have been trying to find some sort of updated guide so I can not only prioritize aa's but learn burns a bit better. Thanks in advance.
  2. Gr8fuldave Augur

I would also love to see this.
  3. Derka Power Ranger

Fintank's should get your started on spells/burns.
    http://forums.eqfreelance.net/index.php?topic=16647.0

As for AA priority it depends on what you're doing, if you play often with a tank then go for DPS stuff first.
    Ranged Finesse
    Trick shot
    Combat fury
    Destructive fury and cascade
    Fury of magic
    Veterans wrath
    I would also highly recommend investing the 1200 AA or so in outrider's synergy. It is probably the most expensive and time consuming to max out(like most of the focus tab lol) but since it is such an integral part of rotation and can benefit any melee DPS or other ranger there is a nice return there.

Anything that is a passive DPS gain will be your most bang for your buck. Start there and kinda just fill in the activated stuff for burns.
  4. Twig the Mighty New Member

Only 110 here but looking thru everything I’ve been going (still going atm) of this route....

Archery AAs (headshot, trick shot, ranged finesse, etc)...I missed flaming arrows so going back to get that.
    Extra Spell gem
    Defensive passive (CS, CA, PE)
    Offensive passive
    Offensive click
    Defensive click

I mixed it up for a bit, got like few ranks in fletching mastery, foraging, etc...but then decided I needed to focus on what abilities I was using most....couple more days and will probably be back on the path to 115...just stopped to get everything to a reasonable level since at 110 I’m in a good place to farm a lot of AAs quickly with headshot.
  5. OrchardField Journeyman

What is your normal group? If you're with a strong aggro holding tank that doesn't die often, skip defensive stuff till after all your offensives. If you end up being the tank often cause the group tank dies alot, then some defensives along the line can get you bang for the buck. Ranger in a group is there to dish damage, not take it, although getting your HP AAs up is never a bad thing. I'm tradeskill geared CoV, nothing special, AAs are maxxed, and if/when tank dies, I can hold my own for a common mob, switching to healing proc slash/bash dual wield as long as merc healer is alive without using weaponshield most of the time. We've got a couple of HoT AAs in our lineup that arent spectacular, but are often enough to keep me alive with merc (and self heals casting on target of target.) THose I also cast on the tank when batteling a named if they don't have all their defensve discs up.