Where is gnomish observatory in steamfront what building cant be called that.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Questoften32, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Questoften32 Augur

Where is gnomish observatory in steam front what building cant be called that. No such name on any map I have 3 of each zone.

Needed for a task, never did this one, on a character. Says to south east but just see wind mills, not trigger point for explored.

Also city entrance and tall scaffolding. Also there is a cluster of buildings.
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

If you could tell us the name of the task, that would help.
  3. Questoften32 Augur

T aid to the gnomish observatory,

its long, given at level 5 in felwithe by task master.

first stage was: kill 10 wasp sentenal and loot 4 royal jelly in faydark, it was something to do with wayfarers and go anywhere kill anything contest. (quoting from task text)

Task says this portion is about go anywhere, and to have fun with this one.
  4. Questoften32 Augur

For anyone else s sake of completion if you get this task its probably a snipe hunt, there is no gnomish observatory in eq1 I suspect. That is likely why the stage remark ''have fun with this one'...and...' ''going any where portion of task''.

Was it a joke alluding to playing eq2 where there is an observatory in steamfront in the future? Could be a developers joke but that seems illogical as there are more stages.

I first thought it was simply called something else, or I was missing the trigger point. After 3 hours I wonder though. I hate giving up.

Some things you cant even look up relating to tasks, it seems zam has no data.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

The name of the quest is "T aid to the gnomish observatory"?

I don't think so. I doubt the first word in the name of the quest is "T".

Ok, First: Northern Felwithe or Southern Felwithe?

Second: The name of the quest giver is "Task Master"?

I give up. Until you are willing to at least meet me half way with giving me some real answers, forget it.
    svann likes this.
  6. Drewie Augur

The gnomish observatory is actually in Lesser Faydark, west of the Steamfont Mountains zone. You can see a gnome size telescope there.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So here is which quest (I think) the op is talking about (in the comments - even mentions task master) but I could not find how he got to where he is. It appears the npc gives different quests based on level?
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=1201
  8. svann Augur

IDK. He said its given in Felwithe and the link you show has a pic of a guard of Kelethin, and no mention of a quest even close to what he said. What makes you think its the same quest? All I see matching is the word taskmaster.
  9. Khat_Nip Meow

The posts regarding this whole thing were a disaster to begin with. What with the misspellings, vagueness, and paraphrasing. It's no wonder no one has any idea what he/she is talking about.
    It's a mess.
  10. Jaylin Augur

The quest is a Task... so it has a T before it. the poster just copied what he say. That aside the quest is called "Aid the gnomish Observatory" and it is from Guard Crucorn inside the bank in felwithe. I just got the quest and am doing it now to see
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

If you click the task associated to the guard on that page I posted it is: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=4874 which in turn talks about:

Kill 10 wasp sentinels 0/10 (Lesser Faydark)

You have slain a wasp sentinel!
    Your task 'Bugging the Orcs' has been updated.

Loot 4 Royal Jelly 0/4 (Lesser Faydark)

Which is what the op said "
    first stage was: kill 10 wasp sentenal and loot 4 royal jelly in faydark, it was something to do with wayfarers and go anywhere kill anything contest. (quoting from task text)"

Faydark and Felwith are easily confused as is the rest of this.

But it now appears the previous poster has found the answer!
  12. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Oh my! The suspense! Will the Gnomish Observatory be aided? Is it in peril? Stay tuned!

Please don't say they just needed jelly.
  13. Jaylin Augur

The quest is a task so...
    From Guard Crucorn in the bank in felwithe (listed as taskmaster)

(T) Aid the Gnomish Observatory
    Kill 10 Wasp Sentinels (Lesser Faydark)
    Loot 4 Royal Jelly (Lesser Faydark)
    Explore the gnomish observatory in the southeast (Steamfont Mountains)

Same problem as the Guy asking. I checked every building. I know its an old quest. It may be a dead quest now that the Airship for VoA is there. Based on what the task tells you to do, it would make sense. The buildings down there do have telescopes on the roof.

Even before VoA i believe Steamfont was revamped. I didnt spend much time in that zone back in 1999-2000 But i seem to recall it havent a slightly different look. So it may be very defunct as a quest now.
    Wayylon likes this.
  14. Jaylin Augur

The go anywhere is used in a few of the taskmaster quests. it was a "contest" lorewise in the game, but not actually a contest.

Underhanded Exporation in gunthak talks about the same thing. In that quest it talks about the wayfarer brothers. the quest says the same thing The next stage of the contest is to explore the pier in the southwest section of the crypt. This is your chance to fulfill the main portion of the 'Go Anywhere' part of the contest. Have fun with this one.
  15. Drewie Augur

16. Questoften32 Augur

Yeah we are messing something...I like to do all the tasks in a characters home city even if its no longer of value.

Usually I enjoy it.

Not this time however, but only because of thee explore phase, there is probably a trigger point somewhere though if you approach it right..

I don't use the reach as a spam default main city, where would be the fun in that?