Where do I go now?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by fluffymynameis, Mar 14, 2013.

1. fluffymynameis Journeyman

I'm level 10 and I just got out of the Gloomingdeep Mines and I'm in Crescent Reach with low level quest.
  2. Contu1 New Member

Blackburrow the gnoll fortress zone not the new one, Clan Crushbone... are some good places.
  3. fluffymynameis Journeyman

How do I get to those places?
  4. Contu1 New Member

Oh crap..... from PoK (Plane of Knowledge) to get to Crushbone, you'd go through the Greater Faydark (sp?) portal then open map and run towards clan crushbone. Blackborrow you'd go through the Halas portal. In both cases you can open up your map screen click zone in the top right corner. It will pop up a screen with all the zones in it, scroll through them until you see the zone you wish. Select the zone you wish to go to then click "Set End" then "Activate Path" and this glowing yellow path will lead you.
  5. Feradach Augur

Or just stay in Crescent Reach until level 20 or so.
  6. Contu1 New Member

Btw if you're playing in the Drinal Server, lookup Mileficuss, Maleficus, Tonkor, Roknot, and I'll come out and help ya... most of those toons are my lowbies.
  7. fluffymynameis Journeyman

Where do I go to get to the plane of knowledge?
  8. Orbicus Journeyman

Talk to Arias in Gloomingdeep and say "ready to go" (or someting like that) or zone out of CR into Blightfire and click on the Plane of Knowledge stone on the SW zone wall.
  9. fluffymynameis Journeyman

Okay so I got to Crushbone but my map is blank...
  10. moogs Augur

Click on Arias in the tutorial zone, and /say I am ready to leave

That should port you to the Plane of Knowledge, or POK for short.

Check out Borek's links for tips like this and other top-notch info for newbies and returning players. http://www.paullynch.org/tnzfaq/?page_id=402

Your next step should be to head over to http://www.mapfiend.net/index.php?pageid=mappacks and download all of the maps if you don't see anything when you hit M or Backspace. Then of course, back to Borek: http://www.paullynch.org/tnzfaq/

If you get stuck, we're here.
  11. moogs Augur

Hey Fluffy, if that is your real name, did you stop to hire a Tank mercenary?
  12. moogs Augur

The Kelethin portal, yeah. Or the one for Felwithe, but that's a longer run.
  13. fluffymynameis Journeyman

So I put the maps in my maps folder and there's still nothing there :(
  14. fluffymynameis Journeyman

Yeah I did hire a tank.
  15. fluffymynameis Journeyman

If it matters I'm on the steam version.
  16. fluffymynameis Journeyman

17. moogs Augur

A common problem is unzipping to a double folder. Double check and make sure that the text files are in Everquest\maps and not Everquest\maps\maps

Once you have them installed, you would need to camp out or zone to get them to show.
  18. fluffymynameis Journeyman

I got them to work somehow... O_O
  19. Old School Journeyman

Stay in Crescent Reach. There are quest that will take you up to level 20, with some great gear for loot rewards! By the time you are finished with the quests in CR, you will have a fair set of gear, with haste and spell focuses. Just look at the NPC's names. They will tell you what level quests they offer. Don't hesitate to do the quests you've out leveled, they have gear. If you want a change of pace, zone out to Blightfire Moors and pick up the dozen or so quests there. There is no set path in this game, there are literally thousands of ways to level. Me personally I like to explore all the new stuff. Whats over that hill? Whats that critter drop for loot! Don't rob yourself of that experience. I have to wait months between expansions to get it again!
  20. silku Augur

In the game, hit M to bring up your map. At the top you'll find a button called Zone guide. In there do a search for the zone you want to find. Click on the zone, and then click set end. Then click the button to activate the path. This will bring up a little box and start marking zones for you. it will lead you to any zone youw ant to find.