Where Can I Find A List of Rotations?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by ReyKetti, May 4, 2020.

1. ReyKetti New Member

2. Duder Augur

For what? Like, rotating shifts in the military? Calisthenics rotations? The rotation of the planets? Help us out a lil bit here ;)
    Yinla likes this.
  3. ReyKetti New Member

Class spell rotations.
  4. Duder Augur

5. Zinth Augur

spell rotations? this isn't WoW... cast the spell that lands on the mob... keep casting them til they are dead
    code-zero and CatsPaws like this.
  6. ReyKetti New Member

I have no idea what spell to cast.
    I have 50+ pages of them.
  7. Xenze Elder

For the most part, classes don’t follow a rotation. There really is no “cast A then B then C for optimal output”. Most things are situational. Certain spells/abilities will enhance other spells/abilities for a short time and then incur a cool down before it can be used again.

Like Mages have a “Fickle” spell line that has a chance to increase the damage of your next 2 fire based spells. So a lot of times you may want to open with that, then if it procs, Fire off your 2 strongest fire spells. So on and so forth. One thing you may be interested in looking into are class “burns” which explain what and why what spells/abilities are being used in that time. About the closest you’ll get I believe

Most spells just repeat themselves with a new name and increased damage/duration/resist

What class are you playing? Assuming you‘be started with a heroic character? I’d google “Everquest heroic <class>”. They usually have a pretty comprehensive write up to help out

If you’re new to Everquest as a whole, I’d recommend starting a brand new character and going through the tutorial and learning at least 1 class from ground up. At least that’ll give you somewhat of an idea of what you’re getting yourself into. And although things change from class to class, you can still transfer knowledge from one class to another
  8. Zinth Augur

right click the spell bar in an empty slot, pick the type you want (lets say a fire nuke since no clue what class you are) then pick the newest one... no rotation there, if there is more in a level range like 81-85 is a spell range 96-100 is a spell range (they are in 5 level chunks) there might be more than 1 spell in the same range, one might be fast cast but less damage and the other is slower cast but higher damage

read the spell descriptions... there is no one spell list fits all, it depends on your role, where you hunt and so on... and else poke someone of your class on the same server and ask em (just don't call it rotation since you don't rotate anything)
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ahh auto grant or Heroic made characters:D

Your "spell rotation" depends on what your doing. Are you going solo? group? raid? molo?

If you went heroic then your character came with a spell bar already filled in with the most common and best spells for your class to be using. If you erased that line up then you will need to make your own which is fine as you will need to update your spells as you level anyway.

First thing you can do is right click on your empty spell bubble and it will list out your spells under categories like "beneficial" "damage over time" "direct damage" "heals" etc.

If you hover over one of the category then another line will go off to the side listing which spells you have that pertain to that category and then another line from that maybe. You can then left click on which you want and it will put that spell in that bubble. You can then read the description of that spell by holding down your right click over it.

On the bottom of your spell bar is another option to save or delete or load spell sets. You can make these your self and customize them for "healing set" so it will quick load the healing spells you put in there or maybe "Dot" which would load your dot spells you choose.

You can also go thru your book and move your spells so that each level is with each other one of that level, after all you don't wanna be casting the level 20 version of something when you have a level 85 version.
    Duder likes this.