Where are all the Druids?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Geozen, Nov 2, 2012.

1. doktartp Augur

Thats a sad truth in some cases, group clerics arent needed with balance of the 3 classes, shaman in melee groups and druids in caster ones (pet groups)

At a raid level, the difference isnt as big as you would lead people to believe. Clerics have had to fight for years to even keep a small margin of a lead and its not even noticeable unless its a group heal spell.

its often dogma to raid without them even with the ability to now adays. Druids are in good shape, shamans too if you can get a moderate group heal to combat the AEs the new expansion brings.
  2. Oakenn Tigerspirit Augur

true but still a cleric interested in raiding will never look long for a raid if they are serious (ie don't app with 20 aa and attuneables)
    CaRnon likes this.
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

With apologies to Pete Seeger:

Where have all the druids gone?
    Long time passing
    Long time ago
    Devs have nerfed them every one
    When will they ever learn?

Long time passing
    Long time ago
    Druids hated by every one

Long time passing
    Long time ago
    Gone for shamans every one

Long time passing
    Long time ago
    Gone to other games every one

Sorry, I couldn't resist it. Actually, druids are still fun to play. But we do have a few issues, in that we have no real role in the game other than as cleric substitutes. I think SOE has no idea of what to do with us. Once, long long ago, we were uber and, dare I say it, overpowered. But those days are long gone and today we are kept on a very short leash.

I like my druid but sometimes I wonder about where we should be in the game.
  4. Guday New Member

The legendary Fanra... /bow

I still love my Druid even after all these years and he's always been the character I've built my boxes around.

They are quite a confusing class indeed... Where will we end up next?
  5. Tarrin Augur

Honestly, in all aspects of EQ ( solo, group, raid )..I don't remember the last time I really enjoyed playing a druid this much.

Are there a few tweaks I'd like to see to current spells/aas? Sure.
    Are there new things I'd like to see implemented that I feel druids need? Yeah.
    Does every class feel this way? Sure sounds like it.

Do I feel like I pull my weight as either dps or healing in a group? Yep.
    Can I solo effectively if a group isn't available? Yep.
    Can I do enough to keep myself busy and useful in a raid, and not just be a mini-cleric (healing only)? Yep.

Sure, I know my experiences don't match everyone's. I am in a guild that has cleared VoA. I understand I may feel different from a non-raider perspective, or as someone that doesn't match my play time ( its a bit high compared to average I presume ). Regardless, I've been having a blast being a druid lately.

The generic druid general chat for Povar has been pretty busy lately, so there seems to be some new druids ( or at least alts/boxes ) coming up the pipes.
  6. Sebbina Augur

The important thing is that while i failed to get a beta invite, i do understand that Halflings are among the top er uh mmm, enemies in ROF, so i just hope my kinfolk know that i am willing to help take over the world, in return for lotsa graft etc.
  7. Tarrin Augur

Resistance is futile.
  8. Cloudia Augur

This is true, but it is always fun to watch them run around in circles shreiking.
    Sebby be sure to get your app in early before all the good Satrappies are taken.
  9. graywolfe New Member

It depends. If you want to be primarily a healer, then you are not wasting your time. If you dont want to be primarily a healer then you may in fact be wasting your time. The higher your level, the more your DPS will lag other classes. There are not nearly as many druid mains around anymore because of the changes made to the class. Most of the druids out there are boxes, or used for specialy purposes, foraging for TS, porting ability, etc.

Druids have been warped into the healing role over the past 6-7 years, by developers as a response to the declining number of cleric mains in the game. Because of this, we lost much of our DPS abilities, as well as a great deal of our utility, since invis, lev, and other abilities have been expanded out to other classes. The advent of the port stones in POK, the nexus and other means of transportation have made the druid ability now just a minor convenience. We dont have a lot to offer for grouping that other classes cant do much better.

Druids can still do a lot of things, but none of them will get you a group easily, maybe as a healer if you are very good, but we still cant rez as well as a merc, lol.

if you like the soloing ability of the druid class at lower levels, then start a necro. they keep their solo ability into the late game well, and their DPS rocks.
  10. Tarrin Augur

Playing a priest archetype, you should not be surprised if you are usually a healer in a group. At the same time though ( yes I know I am T4 Raid geared ), I bring very strong dps to a group grind. I am in a group as dps ( pick up groups included, which don't know my gear before inviting me ) much more often lately than a healer.
  11. Qwestwic Augur

I'm camping out in Rivervale so I can slaughter the place on server launch. Qulas took dibs on Shar Vahl :(
    Mykaylla likes this.