When will we hear anything about Luclin Compensation?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Runes, Nov 20, 2023.

1. Runes Augur

Why is there not a courtesy update to let us know that there is some thought being put into a compensation for people that had level 60s at start of Luclin and we will be hearing soon what it will be?

The silence is really discourteous and does not need to hinge on the fix that is in the works?
  2. HicksSelos Elder

Why are you making new threads for the same question you asked yesterday?
  3. FranktheBank Augur

4. Cuzon Elder

LMAO @ compensation. Grow up dude. It's a video game and bugs happen from time to time. Accept it and move on with your life.
  5. Cainen Augur

They've stated they are working on a fix. Thats probably all we'll get. They didn't give any "compensation" for the OMM missions being bugged for a month. They just fixed it and moved on. They'll fix this too, move on.
  6. CdeezNotes Augur

You're not going to get compensated. Yes, it's terrible that a flagship feature of the server isn't working. However, it's a bug that will last a month tops? On a server that will be open at minimum 6 years? You're talking 1/72 months of the server's lifetime. They aren't going to compensate you for something that will eventually only affect 1.5% of your time on the server.

If you choose to leave the server early and argue that it was over 1.5% of the time you were on the server, well, tough luck. You chose to leave the server, that's your own prerogative. It doesn't take away from the fact that in the grand scheme of things this bug will have minimal effect on the server's lifetime.
  7. Barton The Mischievous

Ya have not seen "compensation" for any bugs or crashes etc in a long, long time. I highly doubt this bug will be what brings that back
  8. Runes Augur

Because it was deleted with no explanation of why or how it was against ToS. Its a legit question to ask.
  9. Runes Augur

This is very different than missions, a great many people leveled alts to 60 for months ahead of Luclin and spent $$ on xp pots and expanded character slots based on a promise that was not kept, a bug fix that should not have taken three weeks just to acknowledge and even more time not to solve.

You know its not the same as misisons
    Ellis likes this.
  10. Runes Augur

I don't happen to believe there is any urgency to fix this by Daybreak as its serving to promote xp pot sales. Its really suspect that this was a known and reported issue that took 3 weeks to replicate and confirm a bug and then keep it in "confirm bug" status just to possibly delay the fix so pots and character slot expansions are continued to be purchased. Hot fixes have been done within hours of bugs before and this one seems a bit too convenient to keep in an unresolved status.

I don't recall any "bug" of this magnitude that caused so much lost time, money and resources to just let go without any compensation, if you can even call it a bug, it could have been a huge marketing snafu and there is a hard code xp cap in programming that they were not aware of, ( giving a huge benefit of doubt that if true was unknown or not able to be lifted) and if its true, would not be a bug at all.
  11. jeskola pheerie

I also want to be compensated for buying Luclin back in 2001. The cover art clearly shows a tiger man having sex with a wolf while holding onto a scantily clad high elf for round 2 and I never experienced this while playing.
    Wyndar and not_a_rogue_22 like this.
  12. Runes Augur

not even close to being the same as this, and very clear you didnt level any alts and are pretty much ok at others being shafted because you were not impacted at all, but +1 for bringing up the cover art
  13. jeskola pheerie

I don't play a wolf or high elf so I was not OK with being shafted, I fully expected to be doing the shafting.
  14. Cuzon Elder

According to the post made on the front page...
    "Should" has been bolded and underlined for you. "Should" is not a guarantee nor a promise. It means it might happen or it might not happen. Your interpretation of this sentence is wrong.
  15. coltongrundy Augur

is this Peak Entitlement?
    HicksSelos, jeskola and Randomized like this.
  16. Oakwynderguy New Member

It does imply intent, though. Intent for it to happen, which when coupled with the "confirmed" status of being a bug would be a solid indicator that it was meant to happen all along.
    Runes likes this.
  17. Runes Augur

Agreed and to add, Daybreak is planning the big 25th server that needs to be a success. If this fix does not happen soon and a proper compensation given, a large amount of the players affected by this incident will be so pissed off that most likely will not believe any perk or benefit promised for the 25th server and I know I would not play on it and buy daybreak store items to level, like I have done on the past 6 TLps.

This Oakwynd Luclin issue is not in a vacuum and will impact the 25th server with people not wanting to spend extra money on it after feeling like they were cheated. That is my feeling now and I am sure alot of the other people that spent a great deal of time and money pre luclin and during Luclin launch leveling alts to 60 on the same account will also feel.

Seems very short sided to compound a marketing blunder with another in five months.
  18. Xeris Augur

There is a lot of conjecture going on here, lol.
  19. HicksSelos Elder

I can 100% confirm that not getting AA legacy on Oakwynd will stop no more than 3 upset people from playing on the new TLP
  20. CdeezNotes Augur

No, that's expecting an antiquated boxing rule to remain on a server you don't even play on, even though it's nothing but a detriment to the people who do play on the server.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.