When will the Test server gravy train end?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Verixmo, Mar 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buktum Lorekeeper

Let them play on the server. Who cares? These are the same people that would probably be silver on a live server and complaining they can't get groups with their 1000 AAs.

Anyone with sense and spending their money on this game isn't going to make Test their home where your data and toon are at risk 24/7 (since you cannot xfer off anymore).
  2. Killstrike Journeyman

what all you folks don't realize about the test server is.. we have the most downtime out of any server.. we have bugs where half of our discs.. abilities.. etc don't work at all.. its not a place to come and raid.. hell.. im in a raiding guild there.. and a lot of our raid nights .. we have patches.. we have patches sometimes twice a week... and after the patches.. expect a problem. because after all.. it is a test server.. we are there to test new stuff before it hits live servers.. lol.. so we don't get to do anything.. their is no real progression.. no one groups.. everyone boxes.. also, even though it is a free server.. a lot of folks still pay for accounts.. including me.. I keep my main account current.. for the perks on live servers..
    so don't think that everyone on test is just a freeloader.. the folks that you talk about playing for free.. they don't get free station cash each month.. nothing like that.. I do because I still pay... a lot of folks still buy stuff from station store while on test server.. sony still makes money form that.. so don't think everyone that's on test is just playing for 100% free.. you are 100% wrong..

my 2cp......

excuse my typing.. I know it looks like a huge run on sentence.. but when I get angry I tend to type really fast and make run on sentences.. hope you can make sense of it of how I typed it out...

edit.. oops.. I didn't realize this was a year old post till after I posted.. still I wanted to get my message across..
  3. Tharrg Augur

They could always do what they did years ago and do a server wipe.... Then set up /testcopy to not bring over any gear or money. That would make test a ghost town again...
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

That defeats the purpose of test, how can you test if you have no gear?

If I want to test anything on tesy I copy over a fresh toon, so I can compare how it works on test and live, I will never notice differences properly if I am in different gear. I do the opposite in beta and always try and test things in the same gear all the way through or change to a group gear beta fish.
    Sinestra likes this.
  5. Tharrg Augur

I know.. but its happened before... I was always afraid to play on test because they use to wipe the server alot... that fear of loosing everything kept me on blue servers
  6. Gingery New Member

The powers that be must see some value in casual play on the Test server. We may be a bunch of degenerate, freeloading bums, BUT even the bums are testing content, however incidentally, simply by virtue of playing on Test. It may be a only dedicated core who test content in the truest sense, but it's often freeloading bums and their endless crabbing in general that bring these bugs to light. Never underestimate the ability of unbridled nerdrage to find flaws in something they feel supremely (and unreasonably) entitled to! When insta-camp in non-combat zones wasn't reliably forcing saves, it wasn't rigorous testing, it was "What the heck happened to my tradeskill skillups!!" [expletives deleted]
  7. SOE-MOD-02 Augur

Whoa! I believe that I have found where the stench was. Please do not "necro" post in old threads as it tends to stink up the forums (and cause confusion as there are quite a few changes in the game since it was created)
    Mykaylla, Axxius and Crystilla like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.