When is enough enough?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Norathorr, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Norathorr Augur

Ok so this whole stonewood bow thing for better or worse has caused a lot of issues. My question is as an old player when do you step up to people? Take for example a 3 box crew farming at PoE zin for staffs when I just want my staff to make a bow and move on. Given that the mob that drops it is not a named is it wrong to muscle my way in take what I want and leave. Im sure as hell not paying the bazaar price. I prefer to take what I want and move on. In the past I have not even contemplated competing like this, but 13 ph for a rare drop and an entire server to flag my question to you guys. Is it wrong or right to race for the kill when someone claims x position trash mob is camped?
  2. WDWolf Journeyman

If they are on one spawn then let em have it. If one person is covering 3 spawns, well, let 'em now it's your intention to take one. You'll be in a Mexican stand-off for it and if you are first on aggro then the mob is yours. If you cannot get first on aggro, well, then you are Kill-stealing. Your call.

Sony does not recognize camps. All that matters to them (and banning et al) is first on aggro.
    Norathorr likes this.
  3. Stubar Augur

If you look back, it was way worse when PoP was current. You had to kill Raid bosses that were in open zones, with a MUCH larger population than there is now, you had many guilds competing for the spawns and even "stealing" them to halt progression. Flagging was horrid at best. You had to make a list of people that hadn't hailed the planar projection, and hope that some jack*** didn't hail early. It took months and months with people arguing and training each other to get flagged.

Everything about PoWar screams PoP. From the flagging to the difficulty. Just be thankful that PoE isn't a high lvl zone now. At least no one can train you.

We have all become complaisant with how easy EQ has become. Now that we finally get back to some of the roots of the game, everyone in upset and stomping their feet about it. /shrug

This is the EQ I remember and love.

On a side note, SoE doesn't acknowledge the existence of a "camp". An open zone is an open zone and all the MoBs are fair game. The only thing that keeps it "somewhat civil" is the play nice policy.
    Orbital101 and Norathorr like this.
  4. Norathorr Augur

I will have to admit that I love it too. I loved racing for spawns back in the day. I have always been respectful to people camping a named for a drop, but when it is a trash drop and there are 13ph for an entire server, I think I will choose to disrespect 3 boxers hogging locations. Guys on individual spawns of course I will leave alone! Looking forward to the new challenges that await. Lord knows I have not seen a challenge since underfoot!
  5. Elricvonclief Augur

I know on Bristlebane, it's been a race to see who can oneshot the mobs. No such thing as camps, some trying to get the staves to sell them, some want progression on mains, others trying for alts.

Lots of frayed tempers, even a "smurf" character has become infamous for their actions ;)
  6. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

They have as much right to Plat as you have to Progression.
    Tearsin Rain and Sinestra like this.
  7. Sebbina Augur

We already have at least one other posting at 18 pages or so of replies, if you just absolutely have to be into the next part of PoWar inside of a week, then buy the bow or staff, or spend 24 hours or so in Earth. As for me I expect to wait for a month or two and by then the raid guilds and big spenders will have what they need to proceed, at which time either I will find an open tree or three, or the prices will be low enough that I can buy cheaply.
    bearforce1, Sinestra and Viltaire like this.